The mouse must die

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by mattmuir, Nov 10, 2011.

1. mattmuir

mattmuir Member

After 7 inches of snow and cooold we had some great weather this week. I took the UC to work on Tuesday and was only a 1/4 mile from the house when sawdust started to blow in my face and around the tank. I parked and saw some light dust falling from the lower left corner of the fairing. If I thumped a little harder much more would fall. So, I have a field mouse that thinks a fairing is a great place to store hickory nuts for the winter. :newsmile055:

I read on this site how to remove the outer cover so this Saturday he will get evicted. But...how do I keep more from moving in??

2. rhino 2

rhino 2 Active Member

Moth Balls, Scattered around where you keep the bike,

3. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

You need to try to figure out how they are entering garage. Set up traps around where bike is parked. Some say moth balls are a detterent and I heard a dish of carbonated pop will also eliminate mice...

4. mattmuir

mattmuir Member

We live on a farm in the woods so keeping them out is not an option. We have pets so no poison. I will try the moth balls and some rubber snakes. Flour and plaster of paris is also supposed to kill them with no secondary kill.

Just a question, how many moths do I have to catch to get the proper amount of balls :)

5. TripleJ

TripleJ Senior Member

6. geezer

geezer Senior Member Contributor

Not sure of the answer but that's funny. I've tried mothballs inside of vehicles but found the mice kicked them out and carried on as usual. Most John Deere dealers sell a product called Cab Fresh. It has worked well for me keeping mice out of vehicles, contains no poison and smells pretty good. :s

7. mattmuir

mattmuir Member

8. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

If using traps, mice do not like cheese, I have had best luck with a dab of peanut butter:s

9. FIREDOG239

FIREDOG239 Active Member

They tell me that Irish Spring soap shavings works great at keeping mice out of things. Haven't tried it myself.:D

10. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

Well, I Have,,,,,, and I smell Much Better because of it...:smell

I found nothing that works good but a poison,,,, SORRY.
    If you can trap them great.

signed....BUBBIE