free website stats program The mouse must die | Harley Davidson Forums

The mouse must die

mattmuir

After 7 inches of snow and cooold we had some great weather this week. I took the UC to work on Tuesday and was only a 1/4 mile from the house when sawdust started to blow in my face and around the tank. I parked and saw some light dust falling from the lower left corner of the fairing. If I thumped a little harder much more would fall. So, I have a field mouse that thinks a fairing is a great place to store hickory nuts for the winter. :newsmile055:

I read on this site how to remove the outer cover so this Saturday he will get evicted. But...how do I keep more from moving in??

After 7 inches of snow and cooold we had some great weather this week. I took the UC to work on Tuesday and was only a 1/4 mile from the house when sawdust started to blow in my face and around the tank. I parked and saw some light dust falling from the lower left corner of the fairing. If I thumped a little harder much more would fall. So, I have a field mouse that thinks a fairing is a great place to store hickory nuts for the winter. :newsmile055:

I read on this site how to remove the outer cover so this Saturday he will get evicted. But...how do I keep more from moving in??

Moth Balls, Scattered around where you keep the bike,

You need to try to figure out how they are entering garage. Set up traps around where bike is parked. Some say moth balls are a detterent and I heard a dish of carbonated pop will also eliminate mice...

You need to try to figure out how they are entering garage. Set up traps around where bike is parked. Some say moth balls are a detterent and I heard a dish of carbonated pop will also eliminate mice...

We live on a farm in the woods so keeping them out is not an option. We have pets so no poison. I will try the moth balls and some rubber snakes. Flour and plaster of paris is also supposed to kill them with no secondary kill.

Just a question, how many moths do I have to catch to get the proper amount of balls :)

We live on a farm in the woods so keeping them out is not an option. We have pets so no poison. I will try the moth balls and some rubber snakes. Flour and plaster of paris is also supposed to kill them with no secondary kill.

Just a question, how many moths do I have to catch to get the proper amount of balls :)

Not sure of the answer but that's funny. I've tried mothballs inside of vehicles but found the mice kicked them out and carried on as usual. Most John Deere dealers sell a product called Cab Fresh. It has worked well for me keeping mice out of vehicles, contains no poison and smells pretty good. :s

If using traps, mice do not like cheese, I have had best luck with a dab of peanut butter:s

They tell me that Irish Spring soap shavings works great at keeping mice out of things. Haven't tried it myself.:D

They tell me that Irish Spring soap shavings works great at keeping mice out of things. Haven't tried it myself.:D

Well, I Have,,,,,, and I smell Much Better because of it...:smell

I found nothing that works good but a poison,,,, SORRY.
If you can trap them great.

signed....BUBBIE

Back