free website stats program The Harley slobber... oil leak from the air filter. | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

The Harley slobber... oil leak from the air filter.

Unless the OP deviated from the plan outlined in previous posts, he did not vent to the atmosphere. The OP re-invented the wheel and came up with another way to vent into the intake......:confused:

Then that would explain why he's still experiencing a drip and or wetness on the a/c.

A couple of rounds of Seafoam through the intake will get rid of most of the carbon. Done right, you can see the flakes of carbon coming out of the exhaust. Oil type has nothing to do with carbon build up or the "slobber".
My question is this, you dont think the fact that synthetic oil DOES NOT BURN would contribute more to a piston build up than dino oil wich does burn?

My question is this, you dont think the fact that synthetic oil DOES NOT BURN would contribute more to a piston build up than dino oil wich does burn?
Garbage in garbage out JMO
Use the best non alcohol gas you can find and your choice of oil
Do not overfill oil or over oil air filter, let it soak in over night

Garbage in garbage out JMO
Use the best non alcohol gas you can find and your choice of oil
Do not overfill oil or over oil air filter, let it soak in over night
Thanks , Jack
I asked that question because its one Ive been pondering for awhile. I have recently switched to external venting Im gonna give it a go and see how it works.

Would any one happen to have a map for a 106 or 107 inch build w/583s and a 2-1 exhaust? Im looking to compare timing curves. Thanks.

Thanks , Jack
I asked that question because its one Ive been pondering for awhile. I have recently switched to external venting Im gonna give it a go and see how it works.
U betya and I know it will work 4 u ;)

No, I don't; synthetic does burn. If you doubt me, put some synthetic oil on your charcoal before you fire up your grill.

Both synthetic and conventional oil start in the ground. Both are refined but synthetic is also distilled, purified and broken down into its basic molecules. This process removes more impurities from the crude oil in the process of becoming synthetic but some impurities remain. Crud build up on the top a piston is the result of a mixture of oil mist/vapor, un-combusted fuel and moisture being vented into the intake, hitting the top of a hot piston and "baking" on; not just carbon. One would have to do a real world comparison between two identical motor to say for sure, but I expect while the crud build up on a piston might take a bit longer with synthetic oil, it will build up none the less.

BTW, the MoCo has finally seen the light and the new M8 motor does not vent head breathers into the intake......:icon_wink:

No, I don't; synthetic does burn. If you doubt me, put some synthetic oil on your charcoal before you fire up your grill.

Both synthetic and conventional oil start in the ground. Both are refined but synthetic is also distilled, purified and broken down into its basic molecules. This process removes more impurities from the crude oil in the process of becoming synthetic but some impurities remain. Crud build up on the top a piston is the result of a mixture of oil mist/vapor, un-combusted fuel and moisture being vented into the intake, hitting the top of a hot piston and "baking" on; not just carbon. One would have to do a real world comparison between two identical motor to say for sure, but I expect while the crud build up on a piston might take a bit longer with synthetic oil, it will build up none the less.

BTW, the MoCo has finally seen the light and the new M8 motor does not vent head breathers into the intake......:icon_wink:
The problem was early engines the valve seals did not seat, Shame on The MOCO for not Hot testing engines JMO, Mine does not smoke

Back