free website stats program The Harley Rumble | Harley Davidson Forums

The Harley Rumble

TheJudge

I have a 91 Sporty with what I assume is the stock carb and exhaust. I would love to give it more of a rumble. I hear a number of methods from hyperchargers to removing the baffles. I am still very new to the scene and will very likely trade up to a bigger bike in a couple years. So, I am also curious if mods will increase the resale value.

Suggestions?

Some mods don't hurt the resale value but I have found that you modify your bike for you and your taste, which may or may not be the taste of a future buyer. You didn't say if you have an 883 or a 1200 Sportster. Free breathing AC and free flowing pipes will help the motor to work better and some pipes will sound louder than others. Go to some bike nights in your area and listen to the bike and talk to the owners.

If you plan on trading the bike in a couple of years watch out how much money you dump into it. You never get your money back on mods. You may increase the value slightly but not enough to cover the cost of your mods. For a relatively low cost you can look into a slip on exhaust that might give you a little bit more sound without the high price of a full exhaust.

If its only the rumble that you're after then slip ons is the way to go. General advice is that it's best not to remove baffles as it will impair performance. Maybe not much point in spending the money doing fuel/air mods if you are not going to keep the bike for long

Thanks all. I have a 1200. I've heard about the slip-ons. I'll check them out. Forgive my ignorance, what are TC's?

We might be confusing The Judge a little. The TC is the motor that took the place of the EVO. The EVO Big Twin has 1 cam shaft, the Twin Cam Big Twin has 2. The Sporster also has 2 cam shafts.

We might be confusing The Judge a little. The TC is the motor that took the place of the EVO. The EVO Big Twin has 1 cam shaft, the Twin Cam Big Twin has 2. The Sporster also has 2 cam shafts.

My evo sportster has 4 cams all in a line in the gear case they are all separate and run together through a system of gears just need to line up the relevant marks on each gear to time the cams

Brian

Back