free website stats program The Great American Motorcycle Show (Norcross, GA) | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

The Great American Motorcycle Show (Norcross, GA)

OK, I did some reviewing of this thread and some map studying.

So far the members who've responded in this thread as wanting to go are from Woodstock, Kennesaw, Cumming, Douglasville, and SW Georgia. Taking the first 4 towns into consideration (sorry 01dynaglide - you're the furthest so it really doesn't matter where we meet in your case) and our destination in mind, it looks like Roswell would be a good meeting place. Just about equal distance for all of us and only about 25 minutes from the show.

There's a Starbucks right off GA400 Exit 7 in Roswell:

Store Details | Starbucks Coffee Company

I was thinking meet there between 8:30 and 9:00 for some java and some conversation and then kickstands up at 9:30 to get to the show when it opens at 10:00.

Let me know what everyone thinks!

Oh come on now Doc, I just knew you were going to have a meeting place somewhere around Macon and everybody ride up. HAHAHA!!!! The Starbucks sounds good for me. I'm planning on being there somewhere around 9. It is about a 3 hour ride up. I'll keep you posted if anything changes.

I sent out a PM to everyone who had expressed an interest in doing this get together but noone has replied yet. Hopefully they'll check back in to this thread and get the word.

Well, I got out and did a dry run of our meeting place and the route to the show. Trickiest part is actually getting in and out of the Starbucks! Whether you're coming north on GA400 and exiting onto Holcomb Bridge Rd (140) or simply coming southeast on Holcomb Bridge Rd, there are some "left turn only" lanes immediately east of GA400. Don't get in them! They take you into a Kimberly-Clarke complex and it's a bear getting back out again. The NEXT light is where you want to get into the left turn lane - it's Old Alabama Rd.

After you turn left onto Old Alabama Rd you'll see the Starbucks on the left but there are yellow poles preventing you from turning directly into the Starbucks lot. Just keep going another 20 yards or so, get into the left turn lane, and turn into THAT lot. You go down a little hill in front of the stores and get fed right into the Starbucks lot. A lot easier than I'm describing it, believe me.

From the Starbucks to the show is right at 25 minutes so if we get our kickstands up at 9:30 we'll be in great shape. It's all multi lane road with lots of lights so we won't be setting any land speed records but it's pleasant enough and it keeps us from doing battle with the 18 wheelers out on I285. The soccer moms and dads in Roswell and Norcross will be challenging enough!

See everybody on the 18th - I'll be getting there around 8:30 to lounge with a cup of coffee and shoot the breeze with whoever shows up!

Bumping this up with some late info and changes.

I will be leaving the Towne Lake Starbucks in Woodstock with JDPEagle and AJPanda at 8:15 Saturday morning so we will be arriving at the Roswell Starbucks around 8:45 to 9:00. Still planning on having another cup of coffee in Roswell and then kickstands up at 9:30 to head to the show.

Weather looks to be perfect so come on out!

Well, I rode over to the show with my wife on the passenger pillion followed by daseeger (Dale), AJPanda (Amanda), and JDPEagle (Jim).

Sure enjoyed the company and the comraderie but traffic was worse than normal and the show pretty much stunk compared to past shows. Only one HD dealer, one Triumph dealer, noone sewing or selling patches, limited accessory vendors, rotten food, no "Motorman" parking lot demo. Do I need to go on?

If you're thinking about going tomorrow, I'd save the $10 and put it in your gas tank for a nice, long ride!

...Sure enjoyed the company and the comraderie but traffic was worse than normal and the show pretty much stunk compared to past shows. Only one HD dealer, one Triumph dealer, noone sewing or selling patches, limited accessory vendors, rotten food, no "Motorman" parking lot demo. Do I need to go on?

If you're thinking about going tomorrow, I'd save the $10 and put it in your gas tank for a nice, long ride!

We had a great time seeing you and Sue again, and enjoyed meeting Dale as well! The show could have been much better, but at least we were able to discuss a little more of the Biktoberfest plans :D

I hate that I missed meeting up with yall, I had last minute changes that keep me from being able to go. Sounds like the show was a bust.

Back