free website stats program The Great American Motorcycle Show (Norcross, GA) | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

The Great American Motorcycle Show (Norcross, GA)

Yessir Dr doolittle it is I want to see the new xr1200 series. I have never been either and always wanted to go see the twin series when it was buell and bmw, but harley shut down buell.mI didn't know it was ama weekend finally so tickets will probably be high. If you've never been to barbers museum you need to go it is awesome. I've been 4 times and can't wait to go back. If I can go that weekend I'll shoot you a pm if ya want I have a friend that wants to go too. Do you ever go to dixie speedway? I went when the world of outlaws was in town.

Yessir Dr doolittle it is I want to see the new xr1200 series. I have never been either and always wanted to go see the twin series when it was buell and bmw, but harley shut down buell.mI didn't know it was ama weekend finally so tickets will probably be high. If you've never been to barbers museum you need to go it is awesome. I've been 4 times and can't wait to go back. If I can go that weekend I'll shoot you a pm if ya want I have a friend that wants to go too. Do you ever go to dixie speedway? I went when the world of outlaws was in town.

The Barber Museum is on my list of things to do.

I can step outside on a Saturday night and hear the roar from Dixie Speedway! We go maybe once a year if we can get a bunch of friends together who don't mind the noise and the mud!

Ah yes loud and mud. I've been to dixie a few times and rome speedway more. Grew up goin to greenvalley and talladega dirt tracks love going just don't get to go much anymore. Believe me on barbers it's great amazing place.

Ah yes loud and mud. I've been to dixie a few times and rome speedway more. Grew up goin to greenvalley and talladega dirt tracks love going just don't get to go much anymore. Believe me on barbers it's great amazing place.

I'll let you know if my schedule allows me to go.

I read somewhere that August is 'ticket up' month in and around Atlanta on all major Highways. If I remember correctly they have canceled leave and off days for State Troopers and are giving no grace for any amount over the limit. They estimate that they will generate several million dollars from these speeding tickets. Word to the wise when traveling in GA heading into or around Atlanta, slow down.

I read somewhere that August is 'ticket up' month in and around Atlanta on all major Highways. If I remember correctly they have canceled leave and off days for State Troopers and are giving no grace for any amount over the limit. They estimate that they will generate several million dollars from these speeding tickets. Word to the wise when traveling in GA heading into or around Atlanta, slow down.

I got the same email but it's been exposed as fake:

State Patrol: No Truth to 'Speeding Ticket Frenzy' E-Mail - 11Alive.com | WXIA | Atlanta, GA

Looks like the contrary may be true in some Atlanta area jurisdictions.

Police Chief Admits Ticket Strike, Wants Holiday Pay - News Story - WSB Atlanta

The Barber Museum is on my list of things to do.

I can step outside on a Saturday night and hear the roar from Dixie Speedway! We go maybe once a year if we can get a bunch of friends together who don't mind the noise and the mud!

Well you must be pretty close to me Doc. I'm close enough to Dixie that I can hear it just as well from my living room than I can in the stands.

OK, I did some reviewing of this thread and some map studying.

So far the members who've responded in this thread as wanting to go are from Woodstock, Kennesaw, Cumming, Douglasville, and SW Georgia. Taking the first 4 towns into consideration (sorry 01dynaglide - you're the furthest so it really doesn't matter where we meet in your case) and our destination in mind, it looks like Roswell would be a good meeting place. Just about equal distance for all of us and only about 25 minutes from the show.

There's a Starbucks right off GA400 Exit 7 in Roswell:

Store Details | Starbucks Coffee Company

I was thinking meet there between 8:30 and 9:00 for some java and some conversation and then kickstands up at 9:30 to get to the show when it opens at 10:00.

Let me know what everyone thinks!

Back