free website stats program the dash ? area around gauges , best cleanup techniques ? | Harley Davidson Forums

the dash ? area around gauges , best cleanup techniques ?

planohog

The area around the radio/speedometer/tach and other guages, what is a good cleaning technique for that area.. ( i feel like this is a no water hose zone )
Thanks in advance --Chino

You're right, that's a no hose zone for me. I use a damp sponge around the gauge faces. Every few months, I use a damp painbrush around the radio buttons. Then a light armorall or back to black on the inner fairing surfaces.

I actually just wash it with soap and water like the rest of the bike and rinse it with the hose, just a gentle stream. It is designed for and fully capable of dealing with wet weather so I don't worry about it and never had any issues. Just don't use a strong stream of water. I do use armor all on the black parts every couple of months.

I use a damp cloth and I got this neat detail brush at the local parts store that has a rubber point to get around all the edges.

I place a towel over the inner fairing and gauges when I wash the bike. I'll then use the wet towel (get as much water out as possible) to clean the inner fairing. It helps to keep water from seeping into the places I don't want to get to wet.

Pledge works good.I dont spray the inner fairing with it, I spray it on a clean terry clothe and apply.Soap and water is fine but having kept a couple of bikes for a long time Ive learned to keep the hose away from electronics.Remember, the inner fairing is painted{flat black matte} and does need protection from the sun.
The silicone in pledge/armor all wil achieve this.Soap and water will not.

Spray Cleaner Bike Polish - 14 oz from CruiserCustomizing Part Number: TR-53-0396 its cheap and its the best cleaner polish ive ever used on every thing just spray and polish off.:s

Back