free website stats program The coolest add on to your bike | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

The coolest add on to your bike

I was lucky enough to get a new tank do to dirt in the paint. I was able to get a police tank and then install 1960 tank emblems. The emblems are white and bike is vivid black. Also just installed a Street Glide windshield made a big difference.

DBMG, Do you have pictures of that tank? I would like to see it. Thanks.

So, what was the coolest add-on to your bike that you installed that makes your ride better?

IMHO, the BEST investment you will ever make on your bike is an HD Factory Service manual. Even if you never lift a wrench on your bike, you will understand what you are being told by whoever does.

Second best is the HD Factory Parts manual, and third is the Electrical Diagnosis manual.

With these and the help you can get from this forum, you will be able to attack 99% of the problems you might every have with your ride.

TQ

Hey there.
I recently purchased my very first Harley Davidson (09 Ultra Classic).
I've had many metric bikes (Goldwing, Kawasaki and Yamaha) but never a Harley.

I was very surprised that the ride of the Ultra Classic was so smooth and comfortable (better ergo's than the Wing too).

I understand that every bike and manufacture has issues and that's why I'm here, to learn as much as I can so I don't find out before it's to late and how to deal with the Mother Company (if needed) to get what the bike needs.

I've been reading up on the Sticky threads and the self-help. Got a Maint. Manual and a 36 MM tool to remove the rear axle. My bike doesn’t have a tool kit but this site help me find a good one. I also found out about a recall and some trany issues here as well.

I installed a new LED taillight that is programmable and extremely bright. I noticed that the cars behind me stay back a little further now. I also found (here in the web sight) a lockable set of doors that can be installed into the lowers and one side has a cup holder too. A set of highway pegs is also on the menu too.

So, what was the coolest add-on to your bike that you installed that makes your ride better?

Thanks in advance
The locking doors were a bit expensive I thought. I have them on my bike. I had the original snap on door covers and I found no problem with them really. The door locking mechanism is a cheap piece of plastic. It will keep out the honest thief, and it might make you feel better but when all is said and done, I regretted my wife buying me as a gift those $200.00 locking doors! I was fine with the originals.

My add on it not on the bike everyday but when its on its cool. That add on is the wife. She is cool and the most expensive add on.:lolrolling

The ‘coolest’ thing I have added is a Kuryakyn wild boar ornament to the front fender. One reason of course is Harleys being called ’Hogs’.

The most important reason is a tribute to my Army career field and those I served with. I was a 05H Morse Code Interceptor and our MOS was nicknamed “Hogs”!

The coolest thing I have added to both my bikes is miles!!!

By far the coolest thing that I added would have to be the sundowner seat that I picked up for 40 bucks at a rummage sale.
Now I can pick up the Ladiiieeesss!!

sent from my evo shift

Coolest thing I've added is the Motorcyclemetal HID headlight, not all that much to look at, but it's nice to be able to see some usable roadway in front of the bike at night.

Back