free website stats program The Bones Seat? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

The Bones Seat?

Hey guy's I just got a 2up seat from C&C seats out of California and it's awsome. Been on several rides in the area for a few hours at a time and never felt a twing. The wife loves her part also, it's 9 1/2 inches wide so it gives her extra padding but doesn't take away from the look of the bike. They also have gel inserts if you want them. I talked to the owner and he said if your not planning on riding over 4 hours strait it should be good. The price was outstanding because I had it made with stiched insert and all together it was 320.00 dollars. Anyway just thought I'd throw this out there to ya'll. I was just most impressed with the quality of the product for the price. Good riding to all!!!

I found a local Custom seat builder in San Diego called Avalon....Guy's name is Frank.

Turned my Corbin Holly Weird solo seat into the most comfortable seat I have ever had. :D It was done with memory foam! did away with the leather Corbin cover, and did a Custom fit with two different textures of material and it is very nice:D Pic will be sent when I get time....it's a shame more guy's cant have a seat done by him! he will only do local, because of the way things have to be done with the right way of doing seats...its a art, to get it right to say the least.

It stared, with taking the cover off, making changes and telling me to ride with the cover off the seat....I did! and we found where the tail bone issue was...Nice thing to have a guy in town to do this! it made a world of difference. I would never send a seat across the country to try to have it fixed again....been there done that.

Glider....I am just letting you know, because I said I would.

Ride Safe!

Here is some pictures of the seat I had made for my Deuce by Rick's Custom Seats in Seattle, WA. He took my stock duece seat glued some new foam too it then carved it all up to fit my butt, added a gel pad and covered it with a small alligator. Very comfortable seat. You also get to watch the whole seat making process which is very cool, seat making is art.

--Stardoag

11-01-07_1308.jpg

11-01-07_1309.jpg

IMG_2009.jpg

Glider

Getting my seat right was #1 priority for me, after spending so much money with no results....imo you need someone local that can understand the issues that a person has with the seat!

Believe me, my Butt is very happy:D

Thanks for all you do Glider

Al

Last edited by a moderator:
Glider

Getting my seat right was #1 priority for me, after spending so much money with no results....imo you need someone local that can understand the issues that a person has with the seat!

Believe me, my Butt is very happy:D

Thanks for all you do Glider

Al

You're right there , a comfortable seat will make the difference whether you ride long distances or not. It's very important that it's a comfortable one for you.

Back