free website stats program The Big: "Here's how I fixed that rattle" thread | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

The Big: "Here's how I fixed that rattle" thread

had a strange noise coming from fairing while passing constuction zone , seemed strange that a womens voice just loud enough to hear but not understand.then while approching intersections same thing , had put gps in windshield pouch & had forgot to shut off, put a whole new meaning to hearing voices

I had an annoying squeak coming from the back of the bike, I really noticed it while going over bridges and overpasses...the squeak sound was bouncing off the concrete support walls as I road by. I found it was the rear rubber mounts that support the exhaust under my saddlebags. A shot of royal purple maxlube (waterproof) and it is gone.
I had the same thing happen. I looked and looked, and finally after weeks of looking, I was standing behind the bike while it was idleing and noticed one of the pipes shaking. Thought it was a loose hanger but it wouldn't tighten, so I spray it with a little silicone grease, problem solved. It's amazing how you look and look and then one day out of the blue, it catches your eye.

Yep those little rubber blocks on top of the pipes under the bags can put out one hell of a squell at idle drove me nuts at red lights found my answer to this issue on a hd thread a good shot of wd 40 good lube takes care of it for a while.

Back