free website stats program The best touring model? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

The best touring model?

I agree fully with the Dr. Skip the Sportster. It's an entry level bike in price only. The FL platform is still best handling best riding bunch harley makes.

My two cents:
My wife has less than 3000 miles on her 2008 1200 Nightster (yeah, the olive and black one) and now she a 2009 Red Hot Sunglow Street Glide. I would discourage buying a Sportster unless you want two bikes. Don't get me wrong though, I love the Sportster, it's quick, looks good, it's HDs little hotrod. Hope this helps a little.

Just noticed this thread is almost 2 years old! Sure would be nice to hear how the whole thing turned out.

Hello.....still here?

sportsters are a tall bike everyone says the sporty is the small harley not were im sat it its not, i can flat foot my heritage softail but cannot flat foot my sporty.
I would say Street Bob as it has that nessacary cool factor in being all black, the Nightster also has the cool factor, and the street glide in denim black is just so if you want bagger.

Hobbit - I don't think the Street Glide came out in Denim Black yet, did it? If so, that would be great and hard to beat.

09 SG comes in Pewter Denim & Hot Red Denim - No Black Denim yet. I waited in 08 for the 09s to come out, as I was hoping for the Black Denim. Well, I ended up getting Vivid Black, since they didn't release the Denim Black in 09.

Back