free website stats program The best cleaning tip I ever got! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

The best cleaning tip I ever got!

I know im new on THIS forum, but have you ever noticed how a new person such as this person with 2 posts put info and never comes back?? Why is that.

Or the best ones who has a friend who has a problem that needs help LOL

Dacoroner has posted since the above was posted.
I think some people come with a problem, and that's all they want from the forum. I have been guilty of this on a lcd t.v. forum, and on an airconditioning forum. Maybe some people are as enthusiastic about knowing a lot about Harleys as I am about knowing all about LCD tv's. I don't understand how that would be possible. :newsmile100::D
OOPs, just realized I replied to an old post....

Last edited:
Breeze, thats okay, you posted more than 2 posts too...those naps served you well! :D

Opps...GoJo in white tub with blue top w/o pumice under $2...works great on removing stubborn material burned on pipes without scratching AND works great next to the shop sink with Borax to clean hands with just a little bit of water.

And on the road a small spray bottle of WD40, cleans and lightly lubes just about everything in a pinch.

Last edited:
I use capecod polishing clothes, they're the same as never dullz but are individually wrapped so they don't dry- out on you.

Steve nailed it, Go-Jo handcleaner without pumice works great...comes in white tub with blue lid and is $1.79 at DoIt Hardware as well as Kragen/O'Rileys basically a water soluable solvent/soap that smells descent. A while back someone made the suggestion, but my ol' age must be settling in...LOL!

BTW, for real clean hands, mix with a bit of Boraxo powder...yeah probably no one remembers but good ol' Ronald Regan advertised it way back when, in the late 60's, worked great then and cleans the dirtiest greasy hands and with very little water...from my ol' high school daze :30:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you I will try hand cleaner the next time. Bit I sprayed some carb cleaner on mine to clean them worked perfectly but hand cleaner sounds safer

I use capecod polishing clothes, they're the same as never dullz but are individually wrapped so they don't dry- out on you.
I have a night rod special. AT present I only wash it of with soapy water, I have been told that the matt finish can be left scarred by rubbing it with cloth. Any tips for cleaning the matt black finish. Thanks.

What is capecod cloth ? Im in the U.K. so maybe we have a different name for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a night rod special. AT present I only wash it of with soapy water, I have been told that the matt finish can be left scarred by rubbing it with cloth. Any tips for cleaning the matt black finish. Thanks.

What is capecod cloth ? Im in the U.K. so maybe we have a different name for it.

Well, I did find this on the Internet...and I think it would be okay as a cleaner...just after you get the "black heel marks" off your chrome...JMO.:D

Cape Cod metal polish for all precious metals

It seems he was saying any hand cleaner that doesn't contain pumice.Just soft hand cleaner such as GOOP.BTW why can't HD design a bike where the wifes boots WON'T touch the exhaust.This seems to be a bigger problem then you might think!

HD did design a bike that the boots don't touch the back of the pipes
YOU just need to go get a bike for your wife:s

I have fast orange and a pipe with melted wind pant material on it in my shop right now. I wonder if it'll work on that....

Back