free website stats program The best cleaning tip I ever got! | Harley Davidson Forums

The best cleaning tip I ever got!

dacoroner

I had my V Rod Muscle for 2 days when I picked my daughter from school. Unfortunately she was wearing soft souled boots that folded over the rear pegs and both heal and toe on the left and right side melted to the pipes.
one side was easy to wipe off while hot but by the time I got to the other side the pipes were cooled off and appeared to be permanitely stained. I tried every type of cleaner available at my local Harley dealer and Kragen auto parts, I even tried getting the pipes hot again but still no success. I almost gave up but a neighbor told to try hand cleaner (without pumice) he said he had used it on everything from chrome to polished aluminum and even painted surfaces and it never/ever damaged the surface. well lo and behold he was right it wiped off that burnt rubber with ease and never left a mark!

That sounds perfect, just bought the V-rod mucle, had it two weeks and my wifes boots leave the same marks, can you tell me what Hand cleaner you use?

Mike

It seems he was saying any hand cleaner that doesn't contain pumice.Just soft hand cleaner such as GOOP.BTW why can't HD design a bike where the wifes boots WON'T touch the exhaust.This seems to be a bigger problem then you might think!

I have used oven cleaner with great results. Spray it on and let it do it's work over-night. Just remember that you are not trying to rub the mark off, the oven cleaner will do the work.

lots of guys find out the hard way that easy-off or other oven cleaners make overspray and peel paint too. so make sure you spray on a rag and wipe it on

DO NOT SPRAY ONTO BIKE.

Thanks for the information ,
Although I do not have HD yet but I tried it on my scooter and yes it works great.Even I used it on the body parts as well and she is shining like anything.

Thanks
Noddy

Back