free website stats program The bathtub test | Harley Davidson Forums

The bathtub test

glider

Veteran Member
During a visit to the mental asylum, I asked the Director "how do you determine whether or not a patient should be institutionalized"?

"Well," said the Director, "we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup and a bucket to the patient and ask him or her to empty the bathtub."

"Oh, I understand," I said. "A normal person would use the bucket because it's bigger than the spoon or the teacup."

"No." said the Director, "A normal person would pull the plug. Do you want a bed near the window?"

:D:D

That reminds me of a similar one I heard.

A guy was driving down a country road and all of a sudden his right rear wheel and tire came off. He skidded to a stop next to a fence bordering a mental institution. He retrieved his tire and stood there confused, wondering how to put the wheel and tire back on with no lug nuts. He looked for hours but could not find any of the lost nuts.

Finally, one of the residents of the institution walked over to the fence and yelled over to him to take one lug nut off each wheel and use them to install the tire that fell off. He could then drive slowly to the nearest gas station and replace the lost ones.

The guy looked up and said, "Gee, thanks. That's great!! I would have never thought of that. What are you doing in that hospital anyway?

The resident looked back at him and said, "I am in here because I am crazy, not because I am stupid."

Back