free website stats program The Agony of Defeat. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

The Agony of Defeat.

Former great St. Louis Cardinals manager Whitey Herzog was said that he would rather lose the world series that to be home watching it. If you'd ask any of the Patriots players they would probably agree.

Former great St. Louis Cardinals manager Whitey Herzog was said that he would rather lose the world series that to be home watching it. If you'd ask any of the Patriots players they would probably agree.
Well said David, and although losing the Superbowl hurt, at least we fans were able to extend our ride for three more thrilling games. The Superbowl became that much more of an event to me when my team is in it. I'm more invested as a fan I guess.

They should be fine with the upcoming draft, though......they are due some pics. Brady has about 3 yrs. left imo.

Does this loss hurt Brady's legacy?

A win would have put him above the rest, but the loss doesn't really hurt him. Just keeps him as "One of the greats", and he will still be going to the hall.

They should be fine with the upcoming draft, though......they are due some pics. Brady has about 3 yrs. left imo.

If you ask Brady, he has more than that LOL. But I agree, I'd be surprised if he had more than 2 or 3 years left.

Even though it was disappointing with the loss, bottom line is that they went to the Superbowl and have 2 first round picks.. And it really was considered a rebuilding year for them, especially defensively.

Once you take out the sting of the loss, they had a really great year offensively. Problem was that the offense peaked too early, would have been better if they peaked a bit later in the season and carried it into the playoffs. But the defense kicked it up a notch and kept them in it, so that is also some good news that they may have more to build on defensively than they thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you ask Brady, he has more than that LOL. But I agree, I'd be surprised if he had more than 2 or 3 years left.

Even though it was disappointing with the loss, bottom line is that they went to the Superbowl and have 2 first round picks.. And it really was considered a rebuilding year for them, especially defensively.

Once you take out the sting of the loss, they had a really great year offensively. Problem was that the offense peaked too early, would have been better if they peaked a bit later in the season and carried it into the playoffs. But the defense kicked it up a notch and kept them in it, so that is also some good news that they may have more to build on defensively than they thought.
Agree with everything you said. I can't wait for next year with those two first round picks. Should be interesting.

Back