free website stats program The 2nd annual What did you get for Christmas thread? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

The 2nd annual What did you get for Christmas thread?

Hey now this is really not meant to bring anybody down. OK. But what I got was a new diet plan, excersize program, A reason to stop smoke n. The best of all though didnt really come from Santa. I was given a new lease on life. You see on 12/15/09 I had a heart attack. Aka wake up call! Anyway I'm Still here. This whole thing put a damper on a gift giveing Christmas. But made it a lot more spirittual for my family and I. Please smile for me and my family and dont let that story bring you down. Because I believe that the prayers of the members Did not need to happen. But were allready there in Brotherhood. So I say Thankyou. And may God bless all he has given us. :bigsmiley11:

i got Smellies, chocolate, a new skull cap, and best of all a trip to the Pudding Club Hmmmmmm

oh and no HD parts

Hey Hobbit - can you explain what "smellies" are for us English folk? I'm guessing it's cologne, or did someone give you their old socks?

correct guess :D:bigsmiley11:
although i woul dnot put it past some of my mates to wrap up there old socks as a joke

Yeah, my bro-in-law got an old shoe this year as a gag - could've called it a smelly. Sorry for doubling on the question - I saw you answered earlier when I followed the thread.

I got a HD shirt, collectible HD wall hanging (pewter bikes), HD calendar & touring air pump (for shock adjustment). Another good year...:newsmile018:

Noth'n and that's the way we like it. Except for getting the young grand kids something the adults in my family don't get anything for each other. Of course the wife and I spend money on the kids (5 grown boys) whenever we get the urge during the year and on each other. For christmas we just spend time together and believe me it is so not stressfull trying to buy something for someone, we love the Christmas Holiday celebrating it for what it should be for. And yes, during the year if we want something for the Heritage we just go buy it.

PS. I don't do Valentines Day either. I love my wife everyday and let her know that everyday so Valentines Day just comes and goes like any other day.

An indoor Harley cover and a mount for my Garmin for the Road King. And best of all tume with the family to just do whatever we pleased. No riding, too much snow.

Hey now this is really not meant to bring anybody down. OK. But what I got was a new diet plan, excersize program, A reason to stop smoke n. The best of all though didnt really come from Santa. I was given a new lease on life. You see on 12/15/09 I had a heart attack. Aka wake up call! Anyway I'm Still here. This whole thing put a damper on a gift giveing Christmas. But made it a lot more spirittual for my family and I. Please smile for me and my family and dont let that story bring you down. Because I believe that the prayers of the members Did not need to happen. But were allready there in Brotherhood. So I say Thankyou. And may God bless all he has given us. :bigsmiley11:

I am happy that you feel as you do. I also had a massive heart attack. It has
been a little over a year. The widow maker as my doctor called it. Quit smoking,new diet, yes exercise and lots of love from the family and friends and here I am. The folks here on HD are a great bunch of people and yes Brotherhood is a blessing.Take care!

I got an oil cooler, highway pegs with adjustable mounts, saddlebag liners, and the 3 small pouches that go on the windshield. Got some other stuff to but that was it for the scooter. It was a good Christmas, Best of all had 4 days off to spend with my family.

I wasn’t going to post in this thread because I didn’t want to be a downer but, after reading the posts by zoo-mon and Sharpscuba talking about the Brotherhood I decided to reconsider. This forum is like a family. Although most of us will never meet or even talk , other than on this site, there is, I feel, a brotherhood of common bond.
My Dad, my HERO, passed away on Dec.8th and was buried last Wed. While I was away attending the funeral my 2 year old granddaughter ended up in Children’s Hospital in Seattle. She was born with some pretty severe birth defects and has a lot of health issues because of it.
Well, she got to come home Dec 23rd so she could be together with the family for Christmas and that was the best gift anybody could ask for.
Yeah, The wife and I got each other some cool HD stuff and, of course, the kids and grand kids all got a ton of goodies, but nothing can come close to being with those we care most about in life.
I think the best gifts one can get are time with the family, old memories shared and new memories made. I got these things and more. Christmas was good and the New Year will be even better with lots of time spent with family and friend and all my brothers and sisters here at HD Talking.
God bless you all

I wasn’t going to post in this thread because I didn’t want to be a downer but, after reading the posts by zoo-mon and Sharpscuba talking about the Brotherhood I decided to reconsider. This forum is like a family. Although most of us will never meet or even talk , other than on this site, there is, I feel, a brotherhood of common bond.
My Dad, my HERO, passed away on Dec.8th and was buried last Wed. While I was away attending the funeral my 2 year old granddaughter ended up in Children’s Hospital in Seattle. She was born with some pretty severe birth defects and has a lot of health issues because of it.
Well, she got to come home Dec 23rd so she could be together with the family for Christmas and that was the best gift anybody could ask for.
Yeah, The wife and I got each other some cool HD stuff and, of course, the kids and grand kids all got a ton of goodies, but nothing can come close to being with those we care most about in life.
I think the best gifts one can get are time with the family, old memories shared and new memories made. I got these things and more. Christmas was good and the New Year will be even better with lots of time spent with family and friend and all my brothers and sisters here at HD Talking.
God bless you all
Christmas is more than just gifts, this thread is open to whatever made your Christmas special, whether it is material gifts or the gift of family and friends.

There was a post last year by DogDad and he really did a great thing. He found a mother of two children that were in need of Christmas gifts and gave them a couple of bicycles. Now if that is not Christmas, what is. I take my hat off to him :hii

Back