free website stats program That moose was too close... | Harley Davidson Forums

That moose was too close...

EnjoyingTheRyde

I’ve spent a lot of time trying to get as close to moose as possible for that perfect photo but Tuesday night was too close for me. I was riding through a known high moose population area just after dark, not my favorite place to be on the Street Glide but I was on my way home from work. As I crested a knoll I could see a clear shot down over the other side. I was doing about 45 mph when from out of nowhere came Bullwinkle. He was headed diagonally across the road from left to right. I locked the brakes because we were definitely on a collision course. I leaned the bike to the right and actually rolled my left shoulder back to clear his head. Just as I thought we were about to collide, I think he lifted his head and I decided to crack the throttle for that last ditch effort to clear this guy. I don’t know how, but I made it by. Needless to say, the rest of the ride home was at about 30 to 35 mph and yes I was still shaking when I got there.

Bullwinkle...:lolrolling I know deer look bigger than actual when they are in the road, Bullwinkle must have looked like an 18 wheeler!!

Man! Sounds like it couldn't have gotten any closer to a collision than that. Glad you were able to make it by the moose.

WOW!!!! Glad you came out of it with out going down. Those kind of encounters will cause you to have to change your shorts.

Superior riding skills triumph again!

Seriously, until you've seen a moose in person and in the wild, you simply don't comprehend how HUGE they are!

Wonder how many deer whistles you'd have to install to scare off a moose?

MaineStreet, down here in Fl the deer are small compared to the north. I can't even imagine looking down the barrel of something as big as the side of a house! Great riding, with a little luck thrown in!!!

Superior riding skills triumph again!

Seriously, until you've seen a moose in person and in the wild, you simply don't comprehend how HUGE they are!

Wonder how many deer whistles you'd have to install to scare off a moose?

Superior riding skills? More like luck... But honestly, the more familiar you are with your ride, the better your chances are of avoiding mishap... it all happens so fast...

Glad you made it out ok. I don't know haw big a moose looks up close but I've had encounters with deer here in Virginia in my car and believe me when one is coming up on your hoos or through the drivers side window they look huge.

Back