free website stats program Thanks to our armed services | Harley Davidson Forums

Thanks to our armed services

Apyle

This may have been posted before but I feel it is appropriate. I'd like to personally thank the people protecting our freedoms. So thank you all past and present armed service members. Thanks for defending all of the rights and privileges that makes this country great.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Ditto, I firmly believe you can not thank these men & women enough. Past, present & future. That is now the one thing I wish I would have done differently in the past, was serve my country. Hindsight being what it is.

Thank you all.:small3d028::bigsmiley12:

It may have been posted before but it can't be posted enough! I see the "kids" hanging out at the mall and then I see similar age "kids" in the airport getting ready to head for Iraq and it's hard to believe they're from the same generation. Thank you doesn't seem to be enough for these young men and women who've decided to give a portion of their youth back to their great country, and know that they may give the ultimate sacrifice.

Ditto, I firmly believe you can not thank these men & women enough. Past, present & future. That is now the one thing I wish I would have done differently in the past, was serve my country. Hindsight being what it is.

Thank you all.:small3d028::bigsmiley12:

I agree Joy, I wish that I had taken my skills and abilities, and served my country. But, many thank's to those that have and are serving!

When I got home from Viet Nam people called me murderer and baby killer and a myriad of other popular clicge's of the day. I have spent my life serving this country the last six of it in Afghanistan and Iraq. You can't believe what it does to me on my R & R's when someone actually says thank you. It is probably all the anger i've carried all those years but it makes me feel so good. If you want to make a serviceman returning homes day just say thanks you won't believe what that will do for him..............

Flash from Afghanistan

I agree Smitty & Flash, I do say thanks to all of the soldiers, sailors & airmen I get the chance to. The young ones don't seem to realize it yet, but I feel what they are doing by enlisting in these times really shows a lot of what they are really made of. The older ones seem to take it in stride, some act some what surprised. I love spending time talking to the WWII vets, some of them often say "I didn't really see any action or do anything" & I tell them that their generation made the country what it is today. We were docked by an old vet in the FL Keys a few years ago & I spent many afternoons working & talking with this guy. I told him that I would love to see the country step up and support our troops like they did back then. I often tell people you don't have to agree with war, but remember that these men & women are fighting so that you can disagree. You owe them your support.

I have lost quite a few friends to the current war, and I definitely agree with Smitty on the fact that we could be anywhere, I have another buddy over there & one day after a ride, he explained a lot to me that I didn't hear anything about on the news channels. I told him that they should give the Army some air time, then people will just say "Oh, wow, that makes a lot of sense".

Anyway, I was born in 1969 and when I got out of high school, I was fortunate enough to have scholarships and such, and when I found out that I couldn't fly because of my eyesight not being 20/20, I was no longer interested. My mistake, because I had not had the opportunity to meet all the great vets at that time. I was too young to know what was happening with the vets returning from Viet Nam, and then there was really no real threats to our country and such, so I just never gave the military life much thought after that. I do wish I would have joined for the experiences I could have got to enjoy. I think I would have really enjoyed it. I have gotten to see & do many wonderful things on my own, but a few years with the military would have just been some more experiences for me.

Thanks again to all!

Amen, Smitty, I enlisted in the USN in '67 got out in '71, spent my whole tour in the states (always felt a little guilty about that), People that want to, do what they can

Smitty, Flashback you guys are spot on; When I got back from the Gulf we got some support but nothing like(depending where your from) today. but there is no better feeling then when you have complete strangers walk up and say thanks. It means alot to all of us. I tip my hat to you guys and everyone else that has served.

First off, Thank you to all that have served in the past,present and futcher.

I will cross 6 lanes of Atlanta traffic to thank anyone in our armed srvices.
I am in the Atlanta Hartsfield airport a couple times a month, the USO is doing a GREAT job with all our service men and women that travel through our airport. They will walk them through and ALL will stop and clap and cheer them on, it tugs on your heart strings. You can tell by the look in the face's if the are heading over or if they are returning....I whish there was more i could do then clap, I would like to shake everyone of there hands and say thank you.
What gets me is the people that don't take the 5 minutes out of their life to clap,smile and cheer them on, (I think i will edit my self, you know what i mean)

Again thank you to all for all you have done for me and my family

Back