free website stats program Thanks to all of you! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Thanks to all of you!

You can use an injector cleaner in the fuel like gumout sells a good product and It's available in most auto stores. It isn't a critical with the additive packages in the gas today but OK once in a while.Using a bit of dry gas from time to time would benefit you also. It keeps condensation from building up in the tank.

Gumout Concentrated Fuel Injector Cleaner

$4.99

Si​

Thats the very same product that used. The bottle was sized for 20 gal of fuel, so I de-rated to 1/4 the bottle, for 5 gal 93 Octane.

I don't how much the cleaner helped, it's not possible to know with the new plugs, fluids and everything considered.

The combination of "all that" has really made a differencs, as mentioned.

It works but a lot isn't needed to do the job. The formation of varnish on the injector tip usually is what needs the cleaning. You may have a bit of gas on the tip on shutdown. Over a periods of time this can build up hindering the spray pattern of the injector and this product works to remove that buildup.

I only use an ounce or two in a tank of fuel. I've noticed when you add this to the tank full that the bike seems peppier.

You can use an injector cleaner in the fuel like gumout sells a good product and It's available in most auto stores. It isn't a critical with the additive packages in the gas today but OK once in a while.Using a bit of dry gas from time to time would benefit you also. It keeps condensation from building up in the tank.

Gumout Concentrated Fuel Injector Cleaner

$4.99

Si​
I always run sea foam engine treatment in everything that I run, my harley, my 67 olds, my car, snowmobiles. It is just about the best thing I have found to add.

I would also like to thank the very well informed people on this site. Everyone has been so helpful during the last few months of intensive labor on my 87 lowrider. With the help of the nice folks here I have no doubts I'm going to have my sportster going in no time.:hii

.Using a bit of dry gas from time to time would benefit you also. It keeps condensation from building up in the tank.

Glider..please excuse my ignorance...you used a term " Dry Gas"..whats that mean.

Also I ride with one fellow who at every tank full puts about a ounce of Marvel Mystery Oil in the gas. I noticed its suppose to be a great detergent and good for the oil...but never seen any info about adding it to the fuel. Any idea what it does to the fuel system...he riding a 2007 Screamin Eagle...Should he be putting this in his Gas all the time?....and thanks for the responce on the injector cleaner tip....I can't believe this old dog is learning so much good stuff...:bigsmiley12:

Last edited:
Using a bit of dry gas from time to time would benefit you also. It keeps condensation from building up in the tank.

Glider..please excuse my ignorance...you used a term " Dry Gas"..whats that mean.

Also I ride with one fellow who at every tank full puts about a ounce of Marvel Mystery Oil in the gas. I noticed its suppose to be a great detergent and good for the oil...but never seen any info about adding it to the fuel. Any idea what it does to the fuel system...he riding a 2007 Screamin Eagle...Should he be putting this in his Gas all the time?....and thanks for the responce on the injector cleaner tip....I can't believe this old dog is learning so much good stuff...:bigsmiley12:
Dry gas is a product that removes water from fuel. In my experience the better type of dry gas is made of isapropyl alchol it will work in anything two cycle or four stroke.

The dry gas is basically an alcohol (isopropal I believe) that will mix with any water buildup in the tank and will make it pass through the system and be burnt in the engine rather than building up because water is not able to pass through the system like the gas is. It will pocket and build up in the tank and will eventually cause the rust that will cause other problems in the fuel system.
The marvel Mystery oil is a very good product and can be used like your friend does adding a small amount in the gas and can be also used in the oil too. In the gas, it gives the upper cylinder some lubrication and also cleans any buildup that may have accumulated on the valves etc. In the oil, it helps to remove any sludge and cleans the oiling system in general.

Apyle and Glider...Thanks guys ok now I know what you mean...Sometimes I can't believe how stupid i am...lol Here in the Midwest almost all our gasoline blends are mixed with " ethenaol " 10 percent in fact...would that be the same thing? Or a product like " Heet" gasoline antifreeze..which contains methyl alcohol ?..thanks again guys....

I really couldn't give you the differences in the two Fourdogs but maybe someone else here may be able to. Never checked into the chemical make up of the two or the differences. It's still not a bad idea to add a bit of dry gas occasionally.

Back