free website stats program Thank you! | Harley Davidson Forums

Thank you!

glimmerman

put the ultra back together today. took about 3 hrs. had to replace shingles on roof from hi winds yesterday and last night this morning. anyway, followed the advice here and the manual. went together like a dream aside from big hands and little bolts. NO LEAKS. bike runs as smooth as when i brought it home. you guys here, well, just THANKS, it works. think next week i'll quit my day job for brain surgery. always have the forum to fall back on for help, right? kev.

And another Great outcome from The Forum, Awesome job:s

Good deal Kev...get out and enjoy your Ultra big twin, with the royal rumble under you, it will grow on ya, a real sweet ride like no other! And we are always here to help you, the pleasure is ours as well :D

thanks again. there is nuthin that beats the feel of a big v-twin thumping between your legs. and i mean nuthin.

thanks again. there is nuthin that beats the feel of a big v-twin thumping between your legs. and i mean nuthin.

I may have you confused with a different member but isn't your bike the one where the dealership forgot to put tranny fluid in the gearbox after getting it serviced?

YES. Mike's Famous did that service. then i went to Hannum's in chadds ford for an $800. teardown and it came back leaking like a seive. no new parts, gaskets, or torque wrench used in re-assembly. primary oil seal trashed. blue silastic gasket material inside and outside primary. still doesn't downshift from 5th but it don't leak and rides smooth (er than the rk). still having a hard time believeing i have NO warranty coverage after 3 dealers. like i posted "last harley. ride it until i can get a decent price". will keep the rkp, more reliable, more fun.

YES. Mike's Famous did that service. then i went to Hannum's in chadds ford for an $800. teardown and it came back leaking like a seive. no new parts, gaskets, or torque wrench used in re-assembly. primary oil seal trashed. blue silastic gasket material inside and outside primary. still doesn't downshift from 5th but it don't leak and rides smooth (er than the rk). still having a hard time believeing i have NO warranty coverage after 3 dealers. like i posted "last harley. ride it until i can get a decent price". will keep the rkp, more reliable, more fun.

Sounds like you need a lawyer. These are not mistakes you should be incurring damage for

Back