free website stats program tfi | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

tfi

I just put the tfi on my 08 ultra. I have se mufflers (02 ) and stage1 air cleaner. big difference from stop light to stop light,cruising speed not as noticable and the heat issue is less noticable. also did 1000 service with syn oil. took me the better part of an afternoon to get unit installed and tuned. well worth the $ in my opinion.

Question, I own a FatBob, no tach. How hard is it to set the fuel to a sweetspot without knowing the rpm's your running

Question, I own a FatBob, no tach. How hard is it to set the fuel to a sweetspot without knowing the rpm's your running

Not that hard. It's not critical for the bike to be at exactly 1700 RPM's to get the proper adjustment.

Thanks Glider. I'm ready to buy but I'm still hesitate on getting the installation right.

It's not difficult at all to install. Have you seen the video in the self help forum and the other posts there on the TFI?

It's not difficult at all to install. Have you seen the video in the self help forum and the other posts there on the TFI?

Yes I have and thank you so much. I'm really greatful to have so many people with so much knowledge to ask advice from. I have and will look at the video, just a little leary. I know where to come and ask if I have a question. Again, thank you (and all that have answered my questions) so much for making my first Harley (after 30 years of no riding) an experience I will enjoy.

When you get the TFI, look it over and any questions about it, ask first. You will be surprised how easy it is to install with just basic tools.

I used a Fluke 78 but I would think a low cost tachometer should be avaliable. But like Glider said it's probably not that critical. Maybe ask someone with a FX or other bike that has a tacho to hold 1700 for a few seconds you won't forget what it feels and sounds like. Paul

DDogg,
I had the same concerns. It really is a simple step by step. You can do it easily. I still am unclear on how to set anything other than the green pod. I just set the rest to their recommended settings. Any simple detailed explanation here would be great for settings other thyen idle set.

Its a cake walk to install .. hardest thing is if you have big hands ya might need to take the tank off

Back