free website stats program tfi | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

tfi

Hello Paul

I insatlled my TFI Friday evening And took a 300 mile ride Saturday I noticed the differance immediately I give the TFI a big Thumbs Up!! However I experienced the same exact situation as you discribed The low rpm is fine and the engine sweet spot is at 75 + around 3200 RPM anything below the engine seems to bog down a bit Anyone care to chime in and give me advice on a setting at 2000 to 2700 RPM range would be greatly apreciated

PS Thanks to Glider and all the HDTimeline Forum members This is the Best site to get Your Hrley to perform at the best level

Ride Safe Go Out and Vote

BuffaloBILL

Bill

Try backing down pot#2, the yellow accelerator pot. I have found it adds a bit too much fuel over the other settings . It will also kill the MPG too. You can just about run without it if you have a spongy bottom end.

even if it's idling and it set at lowest setting ?. It's almost staying on all the time when engine is running.

Taking the bike out today between rain drops for a warm-up and then use 1700rpm to adjust the mid range pot. will report back later. Paul

Set the idle at 1700 and found the green pot setting smoothest at 3:30 just a little up from where it was (3:00) but it made quite a difference. Then I played with the yellow pot and wound up backing off quite a bit from 5:00 to just over 3:00 (you were right Glider). Now acceleration is much more crisp and off idle response is better. Very happy so far and my bike seems happier too. It's just smoother all around and seems bit cooler at idle.
I will be interesting to see how much adjustment will be needed after I get the S.E. slip-ons. I don't expect a lot but if I do it's very simple.
I'd have to say it was worth the money and it was a whole lot easier than rejetting my old sportster!!
Many thanks for the help! Paul

Back