free website stats program tfi | Harley Davidson Forums

tfi

paul b.

I just installed a TFI box and SE air cleaner on my 06 RK. So far so good. I set the box at factory stock setting after calling the tech rep at Dobeck. It is a big improvement at idle and low speed and at higher speeds ( 75 + mph in top gear) but still needs tuning at mid range. Not bad just could be better.
I've been reading all the posts here on pipes and keeping my ears open on the street and am leaning towards the SE slip-ons. I think I'll order a pair this week and then try and tune the mid range. Just keeping you posted.
Thank you all for the tips and information. Cheers, Paul

Tell me;HOW does it run?Better throttle response?Cooler?Overall performance?Different sound?Worth the money?What sort of mid range tuning -do you think you can tweak the pots and make it perfect?

I have got reams of paper from research on Thundermaxes and Tfi's.Money is not the issue;a 'proper' running bike is.When you decide to tune it a bit more,please post your results and give it a grade on how effective you think it is.I'm very interested in your outcomes.

Many thanks.Ride safe.

Glider, on the TFI, can I set each port individually...ie...Green = 1 (off). Yellow = 3. Red = 1 (off) and the 4th one is 7 ?.

I'm trying to locate my sweet spot on mid range.

I do believe there is a carry over from one to the next so it would effect the settings if the other pot was off.

I just installed a TFI box and SE air cleaner on my 06 RK. So far so good. I set the box at factory stock setting after calling the tech rep at Dobeck. It is a big improvement at idle and low speed and at higher speeds ( 75 + mph in top gear) but still needs tuning at mid range. Not bad just could be better.
I've been reading all the posts here on pipes and keeping my ears open on the street and am leaning towards the SE slip-ons. I think I'll order a pair this week and then try and tune the mid range. Just keeping you posted.
Thank you all for the tips and information. Cheers, Paul

Let us know how things turn out. I'm looking into purchasing a TFI also.
How was the install instructions?

I do believe there is a carry over from one to the next so it would effect the settings if the other pot was off.

Thanks Glider, basically, I'm happy with the idling without setting up port #1 for "less smelling" at idle and also happy with "cruising mode" on the rest, the only thing I'd like to get is "quicker" accellerate without down shifting to pass a cager on cell phone that look like "would be pushing me off the road" situation :D.

Try backing the midrange pot down i had to on mine other wise there was a lag the setting out of the bo were to rich for my 08 RKC .. I also had to back the green down just a tad

Runs much better now and is cooler for sure

Thanks Glider, basically, I'm happy with the idling without setting up port #1 for "less smelling" at idle and also happy with "cruising mode" on the rest, the only thing I'd like to get is "quicker" accellerate without down shifting to pass a cager on cell phone that look like "would be pushing me off the road" situation :D.

One thing to remember with the #1 pot low is that is where EPA makes the mixture lean to pass. Use the 1700 RPM speed to set that pot for the best speed and just lean it out a tad then.

Back