free website stats program Tfi | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tfi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glider and Smitty

Not looking for a quick fix, if I was, I would have done something by now. If all my past remarks about my bike were read, it would have been noticed that the ping was present from day one. Only recently I added slip ons, it pinged prior to slip ons, in stock form, it pinged in stock form with Xieds, it pings with just slip on's, it pings with slip ons and Exides. Doesn't matter the senario, the (EDITED) pings! Smitty brought up a good point that I think I will try, check plug gap, or new plugs, then if necessary, octane boost.

Also, I'm not "throwing" parts at it! Nothing that can't be removed in a matter of minutes. The ECM is supposed to have a very narrow margin of learning, which obviously isn't working. It's also appearent the HD EFI and ECM is (EDITED) HD customer service is (EDITED) along with the dealer near me! HD or the stealer are also appearently not capable of diagnosing the problem either!The above suggestions Smitty gave are certainly worth a shot!

NO LANGUAGE ON THE FORUM!

Please advise me as to WHAT my riding style is?????

As explained before, no one is capable of finding, or knowing what the problem is. That points to incompetence.

Glider, if ya don't want me here, just say so. The demerit system is amusing, if you wish to ban me, that is of your choosing.
Thanks.

Block head

If you read the rules of the forum when you joined up and checked the box acknowledging that you did, you would understand the profile infraction you received for the language that you used on the forum as shown by the edit in the post quoted above here.
We do not tolerate that type of talk here and members that have tested the system have found out where it leads to.
I'm glad you are amused by the system as well.

I feel this post has run it's course now and you should take your bike to a dealer that you feel comfortable with to fix your problem.
Links have been posted to help you find if codes are present that spell out the procedures and codes for various problems on these bikes. If you aren't diagnostically capable of finding and repairing the problem, there must be a mechanic that can help you.
You repeatedly asked if adding fuel will fix your problem and were told that unless the problem is identified that adding fuel may not be the answer.

This topic is closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back