free website stats program Tfi | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tfi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted this similar question in another thread as I lost this one!

How much fuel do I need to stop this pig from pinging? Or, do I need to address timing too?
It doesn't matter what DL the stealer uses, I get ping at hard roll on, even when I'm in upper RPM in a gear. All I have is Rhinehart Slip Ons and has pinged before and after the addition of skip ons. Will a Stage 1 DL help me out with just slip on's? Will an out of state Stage 1 DL be better? I know it's been somewhat discussed, but is an other than Cali Stage 1 better? Are all HD Stage 1 Downloads NOT equal? Will the TFI be enough? Do I need something alltogether different? ThunderMax Auto Tune??? HELP!

Get a TFI and be done with it, no more downloads then. The Cali DL is probably leaner then the others are.

I am seriously considering the TFI. I know the Cali Stage 1 DL is still lean, my main question is, are other states Stage 1 any better. I guess we really won't know for sure because this type of info is held close to the HD vest!

Just Talked to an out of state HD dealer, they say ALL HD stage 1 DL are the same regardless of the state your in. They can do a race tuner and re write the OEM ECM and put it on their dyno to dial it in!

I just ordered the TFI, and Cobra speedster longs. The one question I still have is can you adjust the idle speed with it? or without it? The idle speed just seems too fast.

I just ordered the TFI, and Cobra speedster longs. The one question I still have is can you adjust the idle speed with it? or without it? The idle speed just seems too fast.

No idle speed , only mixture. The idle speed should be 950-1050 and is only adjustable by the dealer using the digital tech. It changes the values in the ECM to do it.

With the education my bike has given me and the lack of education on behalf of the dealer AND HD, whom neither one can make my bike run good and without ping, I have educated myself and have to go with the T-Max w/Auto tune. It's a no brainer! So, T-Max all the way IMO!

Now, we need to pull together on this board and create a group buy on the T-Max w/Auto tune!

1) I'm in!

There is a lot of good information here and a lot of misleading information out here, with many inaccuracies and unanswered questions. The best way to educate yourself is by homework, ask questions, research, research, research. If you want it right, my homework points to ONLY the T-Max Auto Tune! Yes it's pricy but does more than others, better, with no Dyno time!

Smitty, it's meaningless! The Cobra does the same thing, maybe better. Some basic questions can't be answered here. There is much knowledge here, but some simple questions still can't be answered. The problem solvers for issues many have with their bikes, are units like the T-Max If you want the whole enchalada, complete package, you have to spend the $$, anything else is throwing your $$ away trying to chase a problem as cheap as possible with incomplete products that try to address a specific area, when all areas need addressing. T-Max is the answer, JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back