free website stats program Tfi | Harley Davidson Forums

Tfi

chuck60

I have a 08 RK and plan on getting the TFI but I am not going to change the pipes or any thing else, will this still help with the heat issue that I have, I do plan on trading the bike in within the next year and a half so no other changes will be made.

chuck60; short answer = yes because it allows you to correct the "lean" condition set @ factory. You could look at it two ways; (1) buy now & remove when selling next year (2) wait & leave bike alone - buy one for next ride.

Chuck60,

Geezer is posting His test results on **DobecksTechSupport, Under gliders Test Evaluations.. Geez's wife's Stock 09 softail.

I have read His report early and YOU Need to read it.. IT will answer your question about your stock bike.. Check there**.

Answers from Another Member like you is the key to sharing a GREAT Product.. The Gen3.....

signed....BUBBIE

Last edited by a moderator:
On the web sight they show some one doing the install of the TFI and they are going into 3 wires with these clip on things, when I click onto the one for the 08 RK they show a plug n play witch they tell you, you need to take off the gas tank and mess with the injectors, what should that coast to have a dealer do.

On the web sight they show some one doing the install of the TFI and they are going into 3 wires with these clip on things, when I click onto the one for the 08 RK they show a plug n play witch they tell you, you need to take off the gas tank and mess with the injectors, what should that coast to have a dealer do.

If you can turn a wrench you can install this, The instructions are very clear and you will be ready for changes down the road. It really is plug and Play:s

Most dealers Probably Won't do the install an Indy shop will IF you think you need to have someone do it for you.

signed....BUBBIE

Chuck60,

Geezer is posting His test results on **DobecksTechSupport, Under gliders Test Evaluations.. Geez's wife's Stock 09 softail.

I have read His report early and YOU Need to read it.. IT will answer your question about your stock bike.. Check there**.

Answers from Another Member like you is the key to sharing a GREAT Product.. The Gen3.....

signed....BUBBIE

Bub...as you well know I have the TFI as well as the K&N a/c,and the exhaust on my trike.Have you heard of anyone drilling out their a/c housing to allow more air intake for the K&N? I have left my a/c housing stock.Thanks BP

Bub...as you well know I have the TFI as well as the K&N a/c,and the exhaust on my trike.Have you heard of anyone drilling out their a/c housing to allow more air intake for the K&N? I have left my a/c housing stock.Thanks BP

Banjo picker,

I have years ago tried myself to save a few dollars by drilling out the outside back portion of the breather and found that it doesn't do a lot of increase in the air flow.. The best way is to get in and Open the outside cover, this will allow enough air to make a difference.

signed....BUBBIE

Opening the filter housing will increase air flow a bit but the filter is still the shorter filter as compared to the stage 1 filter which is almost twice the height. The stock filter is where the restriction is mostly.

Harley Davidson Community

Back