free website stats program TFI With Rineharts | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI With Rineharts

doc_63

I'm thrilled with my Rineharts. I checked my fuel mileage today and it was 44.4 MPG. I'm very happy with that.

The only thing I can see is I might like a little more mid range excelleration. I seem to have massive low end torque and all is well, but just maybe there is a slight adjustment I can make to the TFI to increase excelleration when passing and such. Don't get me wrong...if nothing changes I'm a happy camper. I'm just wondering...:D

Check your settings against the recommended settings for the #3 pot which would handle the higher fuel delivery. Don't go much over the recommended settings but you can back down #3 and lean it out to see if that helps.

3.5 was the reccomended setting for #3. I'm at the reccomended setting on all pots. Are you saying to try 3.25 or up it to maybe 3.75.

You could try backing down on the 3.5 to 3.1 or so and see if it is any crisper. Sometimes the leaner setting will make better power.

I'll play with that #3 pot just a touch and see what happens. I dont want to lean her out too much though...thats what we are trying to stay away from. I am sure happy with this thing though. When I show it to my buddies they look at it and say....Huuhh??...it looks too simple. I say to them...EXACTALLY...:lero

I'm going to try it. Thanks Steve and Glider. You guys rock
WAP.gif

Keep in mind that the fuel maps in the stock ECM are lean on the bottom end so adding more than the suggested settings on a bike with stock cams may be on the rich side in the upper end, that's why I mentioned to try leaning it out a bit first and see what you get.

The cams will make a difference as far as settings.

Back