free website stats program TFI upgrade my 2007 Dyna Wideglide | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI upgrade my 2007 Dyna Wideglide

brentm

Hello All, this weekend im upgrading my 07 Widglide, ive alredy got some the after market slash-cut mufflers on and im about to add a Force-Winder XR2 air filter, the bike is 100% standard as far as the engine goes, i have just recived my new TFI unit as well (FI-1250ST), can anyone help with the settings they have set on there TFI unit for the same year Dyna and simular Air-Cleaner and Mufflers or are the settings shown on the Instruction sheet pretty good, (G=2.30 Y=3.30 R=3.30 Rpm=4)
Thanks.

Hello All, this weekend im upgrading my 07 Widglide, ive alredy got some the after market slash-cut mufflers on and im about to add a Force-Winder XR2 air filter, the bike is 100% standard as far as the engine goes, i have just recived my new TFI unit as well (FI-1250ST), can anyone help with the settings they have set on there TFI unit for the same year Dyna and simular Air-Cleaner and Mufflers or are the settings shown on the Instruction sheet pretty good, (G=2.30 Y=3.30 R=3.30 Rpm=4)
Thanks.

TFI Suggested Settings - Harley Davidson Community Found this may be it will help

The recommended settings should be fine for your setup. Suggested to use those settings for your first couple of test rides to see how your bike responds to the new mods.

ive just installed the new TFI and the Forcewinder Xr2 air intake, can't beleve to difference in the response, rides like a new bike even when in town at 30 - 35mph, so much more snapper on the open road, no major back firing when thottle off at high rev's, looking forward to seeing how the Fuel consumption goes, thanks to all for the help and advise!!

Just think of the $ you saved DIY you will notice your MPG will drop a bit but I think you will find it is well worth it. Injoy

Now, after you've run a few tanks through bike, make sure you check mileage to make sure she's not running too rich. There are pot settings to bump mpg's back up a bit - if she's running a tad rich.

Now, after you've run a few tanks through bike, make sure you check mileage to make sure she's not running too rich. There are pot settings to bump mpg's back up a bit - if she's running a tad rich.

thanks for your tips, now done 200mls, im thinking if she is running a little rich under hard throttle from a from 30mph to 80mph there would be a sign of some black stuff out the exhaust, had me mate follow me and it showed no sign of that at all. Thanks.

Just think of the $ you saved DIY you will notice your MPG will drop a bit but I think you will find it is well worth it. Injoy

your correct there, have saved alot of money even with the exchange rate, went into our local Harley dealer here in New Zealand and they estimated around $1800 for the K&N Breather kit and a power commander, joy with the TFI you can get the advise and tinker yourself, thats got to be good!!

Last edited by a moderator:
2006 Low Rider - V&H Staggered Exhaust/K&N Air Filter Kit. My settings on the TFI as follows: G-3, Y-3, R -3:30, Rpm 7. I had really low fuel mileage when I first set the TFI unit up. Performance was great but only got about 32/34 mpg. Went back and bumped rpm up to 7 (which is discussed in the TFI install instructions as the default setting). Bike still ran excellent and fuel mileage went up. I normally get 42-44 in town, have gotten as much as 50/52 on full tank run on interstate.

Back