free website stats program TFI Unit mounting | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI Unit mounting

cyborg

Where is the best place, most conveniet, easiest to access the TFI unit? Under the seat or in the side cover on a `09 Dyna Super Glide Custom.

Where is the best place, most conveniet, easiest to access the TFI unit? Under the seat or in the side cover on a `09 Dyna Super Glide Custom.

A little different on my 09 FLHR, I put it BEHIND the side cover LOOSE, wrapped in a NICE soft white shop cloth,,Then placing it INTO the ABS box that is there... I don't have ABS but the box is just a great place.. LOOSE is best for me as it can be moved anytime and stays there just fine...

MOW,,, IF MY DYNA, I would ALSO leave LOOSE and PLACE under seat on all the other stuff there,,,, THAT is the SWEET SPOT in my book...

signed....BUBBIE

I have an 09 Deluxe but just for info I put it below the speedo until I had it adjusted were it worked best. The suggested settings were close. It was interesting to see it operate but too distracting for everyday use. I would think you could do the same.

I've got an '09 RG and put it under the seat. Used velcro. Been there over 1 yr and never had an issue.

IntakeExhaustTFIRoadGlide0004.jpg

Back