free website stats program TFI "Situation".. Your input please | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI "Situation".. Your input please

I called dealer and paperwork was still with mechanic so I got the codes right away. They are:
P0131
P0134
P0154
P0261
After he cleared all codes.. The P0261 came back over and over again. It stopped once it was disconnected and stock set up done. I also just got off the phone with another HD mechanic that I know from out of town.. He says he gets a lot of guys coming in with tuner issues and switching to the HD unit.. I'll call Doebeck and see what happens.
Thanks
WAP.gif

The 0261 is related to your front injector. Do you have your EITMS activated? I wonder if the connectors got wet during your ride?

I have no clue what EITMS is/are.
Rain was insane.. Yes it's possible plugs got wet. Not sure what to do any
Ore.
WAP.gif

I have no clue what EITMS is/are.
Rain was insane.. Yes it's possible plugs got wet. Not sure what to do any
Ore.
WAP.gif

Engine Idle Temperature Management System. It retards the spark on the rear cylinder during really hot periods, using the unburnt fuel in an attempt to cool the bike. Only kicks in when certain parameters are met, it basically turns the rear cylinder into an air pump.

I only mention it because on my 08 FLHTC, there was a conflict between that system and the TFI, it may not be related to your issue because my bike never threw a code. I had my TFI power lead connected to the front cylinder so, when the EITMS system kicked in it, combined with the extra fuel added by the TFI created an "over rich" condition in my rear cylinder which lead to rough idling. Switched the leads and nary a problem since.

Regarding your connectors, if you haven't already, use some dielectric grease on them, it'll help keep moisture out.

Good morning,

I called the Dealer and he had the codes in his paperwork.

P0131
P0134
P0154
P0261

He said once he erased all the codes... it was the P0261 that kept on coming back with the TFI hooked up. Once the TFI was disconnected, the code vanished and never came back.

The day this happend I was not riding in rain. The massive raim I was riding through was a day prior and nothing happened then. The bike was parked overnight in a covered outdoor garage.

Thanks

Hi Mavagrand,
Hmmm. I did (I think I did) turn on the EITM by turning the gas lever forward. Then the cruise light (I think it was the cruise light) turn green.. I did it again and it turned red. I don't recall if I turned it on again. My Friends all said theirs were kicking in automatically and I was trying to figure it out. Could this be the issue ? Maybe I should just turn it off ?

I am however wondering.. Why did the EITM affect anything if it didnt activate ? I was riding Friday in horrific downpours... and Saturday was highway and COLD. I never idled other than at lights..

Also, Would the check engine light not just remain on ? It came on... vanished & reappeared 15 min later..

Tks

It is possible (remote but possible) that a P0261 could be thrown from a TFI that has some sort of problem without the bike even displaying any performance issues. It all depends on how Delphi firmware determines/decides when the circumstances are right for a justifiable P0261.
In a real world situation, if a P0261 is 100% valid, the bike would run terrible because the injector would probably not release any fuel and that was not the case. It sounds like the bike was actually running pretty good and just seeing the check engine light started the chain of events which lead up to this.

Do you know any info regarding the resistor question of entry point #10 of this thread.

IF you turn the throttle OFF beyond the stop setting and HOLD it there whild ON or Running ,This Will change the ON to Off and I would leave it off(red) for now.

I would NOT worry about the engine light for now,,,,,, IF running good,,, Run It using the TFI...

Like Hoople said It May Or NOT be the problem...
I know of NO damage that will be done as it is a CHECK Engine Light.... NOT a PANIC and Quit light.

Just My Way

Believe Me... Dobecks WILL work with you... Call Chris and HE Will HELP....

signed....BUBBIE

Hi Hoole & Bubbie,

Only once or twice on my ride (day light went on) did I THINK I felt the engine stagger once or twice for an absolute millisecond.

I did the install and just plugged things in.. No resistors.

Bubbie. I will turn off the ETMI and rehook the TFI connectors. I recycled the manual sheet... but if Im not mistaken... doesnt really matter which plugs goes into which injector.

My fear is engine failure on side of the rode...

Back