free website stats program TFI settings change? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI settings change?

Okay, sorry it's been a few days. I set the green to 1.5 the yellow to 6 the red is at 4.5 and the last is at 5. The mileage is just at 46mpg. but the pinging is still there. Could this be caused by the head temp sensor? The engine doesn't seem to be running too hot. I can usually put my fingers on the rocker boxes for a couple of seconds without being burned.

Okay, sorry it's been a few days. I set the green to 1.5 the yellow to 6 the red is at 4.5 and the last is at 5. The mileage is just at 46mpg. but the pinging is still there. Could this be caused by the head temp sensor? The engine doesn't seem to be running too hot. I can usually put my fingers on the rocker boxes for a couple of seconds without being burned.

Talking on my OWN here Not Dobecks.:newsmile026:

My thinking is when you have pot 4 set at 5, the fuel needed will be coming in Too Late and at a high RPM(5000) too High RPM..

I would want it to come in Earlier so setting at 4 (suggested point from Dobecks) (4000 RPM setting pot #4) TRY it there...

IF it still pings I would Try 3 (3000 RPM) on pot #4,,, to have it come in earlier.

That #3 setting on/for pot #4,,,will give bike earlier fuel where the PING Is.

That 4th pot is only A "RPM timing" for When the More Fuel (pot#3) is to come "IN" :D

try this and SEE

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks Bubbie, I'll try that and see. I'm waiting on parts so when they come in I'll get a run on it and see what's happening.

Back