free website stats program TFI purchase 3rd generation | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI purchase 3rd generation

Lorne is going to do a full report with pictures when he installs the TFI and do a write up along with the installation. :D

Aye but he is taking his time about it :small3d002:

Brian

He better not take toooo long, RIGHT Brian :lolrolling

If i had a new toy like that i would be out in the shed till it was done
But i wouldn't take the time to stop and take the photos but perhaps he is still waiting for jack to find the camera and get proper instruction on its use :newsmile071:

Brian

If i had a new toy like that i would be out in the shed till it was done
But i wouldn't take the time to stop and take the photos but perhaps he is still waiting for jack to find the camera and get proper instruction on its use :newsmile071:

Brian

still waiting for Jack and the camera. i think the redhead is still forcing in the instructions.

i won't get it until the end of the week then work has to send it too me. that is my excuse and i am sticking to it:small3d005::small3d005::small3d005:

if i am lucky i will have it next weekend:D hope Jack has the camera ready by then:taunt:taunt

it was only 5$ more for the Gen 3 with the HDT discount and Dallas is a great guy to talk to about it...
from every thing i have seen and people i have talked to it is the way to go.:bigsmiley23:

Last edited:
John its got a Andrews Cam (EV27 i think) S&S carb, the jets were 42mm but my buddy said he replaced them with smaller because he kept fouling the plugs.

i found this bike while working in Arkansas a few years ago but did not have the $$. i showed it to a buddy and he bought it there and then. he never road it and told me to come get it and pay him latter so i did. still researching exactly what was done to it. the guy who did all the work and sold it has a shop there and works on his own so doesn't answer the phone much if at all. i have been trying to get the whole history of the bike and a list of the mods but haven't had a whole lot of luck. my next plan (last resort) is to take it into a shop and pull it apart and let me know exactly what it has had. kind of embarrassing when asked what the modifications are.

i was surprised my buddy didn't have the information on his purchase.

keeps up and then some to a friends 04 dyn with stage 1 and hyper charger. so it does better than most 88s

but maybe it's the chrome that makes it go faster:D

hope this helps, wish i could tell you more. i love the bike it is great to ride and handles like a dream.

Sorry for the delay Lorne. Been meaning to get back to you. I know the feeling about the '98 FLSTC. Love it.
Kind of the same boat as you. Guy I bought her from said this and that, but as I got into her, have found differently (He had 6 HD and older guy so thinking he thought he did it to my bike but might have been another. Long story short, His wife pulled up next to him on highway with the girlfriend on back. Walks in the door and wife says "I'll give you a week to get rid of the bikes". He's a friend of my Dad. Got a GREAT price LOL).

Anyway, My FLSTC has S&S cam, K&N air filter, Krome werks exhaust, Mikuni Carb (owner said he converted bike to fuel injected, take off air filter and what do I see. A carb) and rev-tek 6 speed. A lot of chrome upgrade and harley eagle badges.
I like the way it rides but thinking of doing something to her. Don't know what to next.
John
:53:

Sorry for the delay Lorne. Been meaning to get back to you. I know the feeling about the '98 FLSTC. Love it.
Kind of the same boat as you. Guy I bought her from said this and that, but as I got into her, have found differently (He had 6 HD and older guy so thinking he thought he did it to my bike but might have been another. Long story short, His wife pulled up next to him on highway with the girlfriend on back. Walks in the door and wife says "I'll give you a week to get rid of the bikes". He's a friend of my Dad. Got a GREAT price LOL).

Anyway, My FLSTC has S&S cam, K&N air filter, Krome werks exhaust, Mikuni Carb (owner said he converted bike to fuel injected, take off air filter and what do I see. A carb) and rev-tek 6 speed. A lot of chrome upgrade and harley eagle badges.
I like the way it rides but thinking of doing something to her. Don't know what to next.
John

JOHN,,,,, ONE Question,,,,,,,,, How Much did YOU pay that gal to ride behind the OLD Owner?????

Hahahaha...

signed....BUBBIE

John

hmmm... thinking about a solo seat anyway.:bigsmiley24:

JOHN,,,,, ONE Question,,,,,,,,, How Much did YOU pay that gal to ride behind the OLD Owner?????

Hahahaha...

signed....BUBBIE

Sir Bubbie, I am a frugal man. Only cost me a quarter to call the wife from a pay phone to tell where hubby was riding!!!
:bigsmiley23:

Back