free website stats program TFI purchase 3rd generation | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI purchase 3rd generation

been writing a manual for work all day so that doesn't surprise me (that i am not making sense):small3d031:

WELL, a manual is NOT needed to install a TFI or Gen3,,, SO Simple a MONKEY Could handle it... HAHAhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha go green.. this is what it gets....:D

Monkey see Monkey do... Signed Jack in the Box
OKAY,,,, self edit...... Busted by avatar.

signed....BUBBIE

hope Jack gets off work soon maybe he can help take the photos:D:D:newsmile100::newsmile100:

I think you may have to back the photos up with some quality pencil sketches just in case the photos dont work out

Brian

Lorne, I'm more interested in what you've done to the '98 FLSTC and results.
Thanks.
John

John its got a Andrews Cam (EV27 i think) S&S carb, the jets were 42mm but my buddy said he replaced them with smaller because he kept fouling the plugs.

i found this bike while working in Arkansas a few years ago but did not have the $$. i showed it to a buddy and he bought it there and then. he never road it and told me to come get it and pay him latter so i did. still researching exactly what was done to it. the guy who did all the work and sold it has a shop there and works on his own so doesn't answer the phone much if at all. i have been trying to get the whole history of the bike and a list of the mods but haven't had a whole lot of luck. my next plan (last resort) is to take it into a shop and pull it apart and let me know exactly what it has had. kind of embarrassing when asked what the modifications are.

i was surprised my buddy didn't have the information on his purchase.

keeps up and then some to a friends 04 dyn with stage 1 and hyper charger. so it does better than most 88s

but maybe it's the chrome that makes it go faster:D

hope this helps, wish i could tell you more. i love the bike it is great to ride and handles like a dream.

John its got a Andrews Cam (EV27 i think) S&S carb, the jets were 42mm but my buddy said he replaced them with smaller because he kept fouling the plugs.

i found this bike while working in Arkansas a few years ago but did not have the $$. i showed it to a buddy and he bought it there and then. he never road it and told me to come get it and pay him latter so i did. still researching exactly what was done to it. the guy who did all the work and sold it has a shop there and works on his own so doesn't answer the phone much if at all. i have been trying to get the whole history of the bike and a list of the mods but haven't had a whole lot of luck. my next plan (last resort) is to take it into a shop and pull it apart and let me know exactly what it has had. kind of embarrassing when asked what the modifications are.

i was surprised my buddy didn't have the information on his purchase.

keeps up and then some to a friends 04 dyn with stage 1 and hyper charger. so it does better than most 88s

but maybe it's the chrome that makes it go faster:D

hope this helps, wish i could tell you more. i love the bike it is great to ride and handles like a dream.
What a buddy. Wish I had one like that. I'd probably have several bikes. lol

What a buddy. Wish I had one like that. I'd probably have several bikes. lol

strange part is once i got the softail he went and bought a new Rocker, still has less than 1000 miles on it 825 i believe was the last reading.:D

lorne how does the gen3 compare to the tfi price wise? please let us know how your install turns out as Im about to order one for my 09 RKC

Lorne is going to do a full report with pictures when he installs the TFI and do a write up along with the installation. :D

Back