free website stats program tfi placement | Harley Davidson Forums

tfi placement

hey guys my tfi and se heavy breather are both supposed to be here tomorrow. :D:D i can't hardly wait. my question is about placement of the tfi. i have read everything i could find and most things are saying to place the tfi under the seat. i was just curious if anyone had put it somewhere a little more easily accessible. i would prefer being able to get to the tfi without having to remove the seat especially during tuning.

Thanks

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys my tfi and se heavy breather are both supposed to be here tomorrow. :D:D i can't hardly freaking wait. my question is about placement of the tfi. i have read everything i could find and most things are saying to place the tfi under the seat. i was just curious if anyone had put it somewhere a little more easily accessible. i would prefer being able to get to the tfi without having to remove the seat especially during tuning.

Thanks

Joe

During tuning I attached to the gas tank center console with double stick tape. When I was happy I mounted it on top of ECM under seat.

During tuning I attached to the gas tank center console with double stick tape. When I was happy I mounted it on top of ECM under seat.

:newsmile105:Lancers,,,,, IMO,,, idea is the BEST one for your bike.. that position will really work easily when you go to adjust it... Remember to wire it so you can IF NEEDED tune it Again later using the same position on the tank..

I don't like a permanent Mounting, Double back velcro is a good way to go, Or just loose will work under the seat as it won't Move much and is easy to take Out..

signed....BUBBIE

thanks for the iput guys. the temporary tank mount is a great idead and that is exactly how i am going to do it. the tfi just got to my office about twenty minutes ago so i may have to go hook it up without the a/c on. again thanks lancer and bubbie. appreciate the info

Joe

grappleman; on my touring, once done w/set-up adjustments, I mounted the TFI in the Right side cover where the ABS normally sits. There was a nice flat spot & I coiled the wires w/tie wraps so it's stable. Works well b/c I can pop the side plate to make adjustments - if necessary. Enjoy the new toys!!!

That tank idea is great for tuning. My tuner is now velcro'd to the top of the crossmember under the seat.

I have a Cobra FI2000R (3 pots) much like the tfi. My power is great and smooth but my mileage now has gone down about 20%.

Should I adjust my pots and then ride and then adjust my pots?
Any tips on what to listen and feel for when adjusting?

placed mine on tank rode 50 miles or so adusjst gas up.. repeat . my 09.. 40-45 mpg settings 3 - 2 1/2 - 3 1/2.

Back