free website stats program TFI placement on 09 FXDB | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI placement on 09 FXDB

I just got my TFI in and am installing it right now and I can't seem to come up with a good place to place the unit AND feed the wires to the injectors and battery efficiently. Where did you put yours?

I am not familiar with your model, but on my Ultra I placed it on the left side behind the side cover. Fit nicely with the velcro holding it in place. Simple placement and wiring.

Under the seat maybe.

I would wrap it in a shop cloth and just leave it loose under the seat....

I never liked GLUE mounts and when i asked if it was OKAY to leave loose the answer was YES from the TEC at dobecks TFI..

I did my FLHR in the side compartment on right side placed LOOSE n wrapped in a shop cloth using the EMPTY tray spot for the ABS... that works good for me...

Probably once set properly YOU will FORGET it

I have mounted light switches and ignition packages under the seat on my dyna , wrapped n LOOSE , never had a problem.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I ended up putting it under the seat. I ended up putting the baffles in my V&H Short shots staggered, the TFI, and an Arlen Ness big sucker on it yesterday. It sounds so great! :)

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I ended up putting it under the seat. I ended up putting the baffles in my V&H Short shots staggered, the TFI, and an Arlen Ness big sucker on it yesterday. It sounds so great! :)

I bet you noticed a big difference in runability....

do you remember what settings you used....

Mine were the best at what was suggested...

1mark before 3 / 3+1mark / 3+1mark / 4.0 ***FLHR 09

Had it out today for 150 mile ride and when i got on it MAN WAS I PLEASED WITH THE PERFORMANCE... full stage one... TFI is the best.

signed....BUBBIE

Back