TFI, PCV or HD SE Tuner

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Mongo1958, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Mongo1958

Mongo1958 Junior Member

Im leaning towards the TFI for the new cam install. No PC needed.
    I had a PCV on my Kaw Voyager 1700nand was not really impressed.

Your opinions are valuable so lets hear them.
    [​IMG]

2. sgt_1230

sgt_1230 Active Member

I installed a micro tuner from Fuel Moto. Dyno Jet actually makes the unit for Fuel Moto. The unit has 3 different downloads from Fuel Moto and it also has the adjustable pots like the TFI. $199 and they have great tech support. I had a PC V on my 2010 Ultra Limited and also on my 2012 trike. This new unit is a 1/4 the size and is very easy to hook up. So far it works great and they double the warranty so you get a 2 yr warranty on it. It's worth taking a look at as I had also decided I wasn't going to spend another $375 on a PC V. Good luck with whatever you get.

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

4. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I've had a TFI on my '07 Electra Glide for 6 years. It was easy to install and adjust. I recently installed cams, and got it adjusted to them in one ride. My friend with an identical bike has a newer version, and has also had good results.
    For some reason I keep researching the high dollar, thousand adjustments, dyno required tuners. I haven't been convinced into buying yet. My recent 2,000 mile mountain trip averaged 43 mpg.

5. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

I know there have been problems with the introduction of the Gen 4 from Dobeck but consider that unit as well. It is nice to be able to read your AFR values and adjust on the fly.

6. MTLHD

MTLHD Member

I had Dobeck TFI on a Kawi a few years back, would not hesitate to put one on my UC. Simple to install, simple to adjust.

7. glazier

glazier Junior Member

Dobeck EJK Gen 3 or 3.5
    I recently installed a Gen 3
    Very happy with it. I don't think they even have the TFI anymore.

8. Mongo1958

Mongo1958 Junior Member

Thanks for the input ya'll

9. hillbilly81

hillbilly81 Active Member

A screaming eagle tuner with a dyno setting is the best set up I have ever run...and I have used dyno jet and Vance and Hines before and they do not compare

10. wfmacii

wfmacii Member

I started burning eproms in the 1990's and like the flexibility of adjusting as many data points as possible. This is why I am purchasing a SERT. If you shop around they can be purchased for around $400. As I continue to make upgrades I have the flexibility of customizing the ECM to maximize efficiency. The software updates are downloadable to registered owners. From my research I can also load the software up onto my tablet, a big plus. This can be useful when running into a problem on the road not only can I remap the ECM but it also reads the diagnostic codes.

Sorry for the belated thoughts.