free website stats program TFI, PCV or HD SE Tuner | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI, PCV or HD SE Tuner

Mongo1958

Im leaning towards the TFI for the new cam install. No PC needed.
I had a PCV on my Kaw Voyager 1700nand was not really impressed.

Your opinions are valuable so lets hear them.
WAP.gif

I installed a micro tuner from Fuel Moto. Dyno Jet actually makes the unit for Fuel Moto. The unit has 3 different downloads from Fuel Moto and it also has the adjustable pots like the TFI. $199 and they have great tech support. I had a PC V on my 2010 Ultra Limited and also on my 2012 trike. This new unit is a 1/4 the size and is very easy to hook up. So far it works great and they double the warranty so you get a 2 yr warranty on it. It's worth taking a look at as I had also decided I wasn't going to spend another $375 on a PC V. Good luck with whatever you get.

I've had a TFI on my '07 Electra Glide for 6 years. It was easy to install and adjust. I recently installed cams, and got it adjusted to them in one ride. My friend with an identical bike has a newer version, and has also had good results.
For some reason I keep researching the high dollar, thousand adjustments, dyno required tuners. I haven't been convinced into buying yet. My recent 2,000 mile mountain trip averaged 43 mpg.

I know there have been problems with the introduction of the Gen 4 from Dobeck but consider that unit as well. It is nice to be able to read your AFR values and adjust on the fly.

I had Dobeck TFI on a Kawi a few years back, would not hesitate to put one on my UC. Simple to install, simple to adjust.

Dobeck EJK Gen 3 or 3.5
I recently installed a Gen 3
Very happy with it. I don't think they even have the TFI anymore.

A screaming eagle tuner with a dyno setting is the best set up I have ever run...and I have used dyno jet and Vance and Hines before and they do not compare

I started burning eproms in the 1990's and like the flexibility of adjusting as many data points as possible. This is why I am purchasing a SERT. If you shop around they can be purchased for around $400. As I continue to make upgrades I have the flexibility of customizing the ECM to maximize efficiency. The software updates are downloadable to registered owners. From my research I can also load the software up onto my tablet, a big plus. This can be useful when running into a problem on the road not only can I remap the ECM but it also reads the diagnostic codes.

Sorry for the belated thoughts.

Back