free website stats program TFI or not?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI or not??

Pipes,

I'm in the same boat as you. Doing heads/cams right now & may possibly do Axtell 107's while I have everything apart. Have been running PCV w/ autotune and so far, have been very happy......I'll let everyone know how it responds to the upgrades. Let us know what you do, how it works and especially how hard your bike pulls. Best of luck on the build.

B1

Thanks brother, funny enough, if the TFI does not work I will be going with the retrofit PC V (for the 08's) and the auto tune unit as well.....I have little faith in Dyno's when everyone can get a different number on the same bike depending on the dyno system, weather and the operator.......soooooo....at least with the PC V with auto tune I can get pretty darn close.....I sent an email off to Moto Fuel yesterday to ask what kind of preinstall maps they have for a similar set up as mine in the event I have to ditch the TFI.......but as I said I have not given up just yet on the TFI.

Pipes,

Fuel Moto will take good care of you and I believe they give discounts to forum members. I think you'll be happy w/ the PCV & autotune but I don't know how it'll react to a heavily modded motor. I'll know very soon and I do plan on keeping the forum updated on my progress/results. I do like your choice in cams, the 551ES was in the top two of my picks. I went with the Wood's TW-7H but the 551 was right up there...tough decision for me. Again, good luck.

B1

Interesting points of view. I would prefer the Zippers unit over the PC V auto tune, but they still do not have a unit developed for the TBW bikes......they have been working on them and have test units out in the field, but still no released date to the public, I talked to them friday, they are "working on it" and after some research they have been working on it for a longgggg time. I have done some reading on the TTS....but it is not for me. So I will see what is what with the Doebeck unit and if it cant handle heavy mods, then I will be going with the PC V unit. I try to avoid giving HD anymore money as they already got their money from me on the bike buy,,,,and I try to avoid giving them more $$ (SERT and dyno) due to their greed and mark up. I guess the search and quest continue.

Interesting points of view. I would prefer the Zippers unit over the PC V auto tune, but they still do not have a unit developed for the TBW bikes......they have been working on them and have test units out in the field, but still no released date to the public, I talked to them friday, they are "working on it" and after some research they have been working on it for a longgggg time. I have done some reading on the TTS....but it is not for me. So I will see what is what with the Doebeck unit and if it cant handle heavy mods, then I will be going with the PC V unit. I try to avoid giving HD anymore money as they already got their money from me on the bike buy,,,,and I try to avoid giving them more $$ (SERT and dyno) due to their greed and mark up. I guess the search and quest continue.

i wanna try out the zippers to buy your right they have been working on it a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time wish they would get off their duffs all ready

Hobbit raises some good points; however, if your PCV does fail you can always remove it, plug in your stock ECM back in and the HD download is still there. The Zipper's unit is $1000 bucks and it replaces your ECM. If it fails....you're screwed (unless you carry your stocker everywhere you go). I was going to go with the Zipper's but they took too long to release their unit. Nothing against the TFI, I've never run it so I won't badmouth it. PCV has been great for me......so far. Stage 3 heads & cams will definately determine whether or not it works.

if the TFI can be made to work i would rather run that over a PCV, you guy really need to look at DTT Daytona Twin Tec LLC - Fuel Injection Systems and Ignition Modules for Harley-Davidson Motorcycles

they again do not do TBW tuning modules but you can get one of there kit to work and its made for the bike not retro fit

wont work for the Op or me as ya know all touring has TBW

i dont like the retro fit ideal of the pc-v for the 08 now if they make one for it with auto tune that would be interesting

Hobbit,
Daytona Twin Tec website.... That is 1 GREAT source for information. I have been dealing with an "exhaust reversion" challenge using a wide Band O2 sensor to measure my A/F ratio. Daytona Twin Tec had the answers I have been looking for a way to overcome the problem....

Check out the "sniffer notes" here. This info sure has helped with the problem.

http://www.daytona-sensors.com/download/WEGO_Motorcycle_Sniffer_Tech_Note.pdf

Thanks!

Attachments

• WEGO_Motorcycle_Sniffer_Tech_Note.pdf
    249.8 KB · Views: 3
Thanks for all the opinions and suggestions guys. Special thanks to Hobbit, I opened my mind up and called up Doc! Solid honest guy that a got a good vibe off of! I ordered my TTS just now! I am selling the TFI for $95. I spoke with Chris again at Doebeck and I appreciated his info and honesty and it seems the only way to make the TFI work for this Big Bore build would be to send it back to Doebeck for a new HP load....which i had no issue with but with this build I may need to be able to remove feul as well as change timing etc....thus the TTS was the only way for me to go as I live no where near a DYNO shop that knows what they are doing so the V Tune will be my ticket to get me on the road and then I can ride to a dyno with a solid rep for the final tweaking :eek:)

JMO I don't think a stock throttle body is going to feed that monster what it needs for air. If your flowing the intake and the heads, your going to be chocking the air flow right from the getgo and not let the flow work to do it's job. I would ask the guy doing the flow work for sure. JMO :s

Back