free website stats program TFI on top of SERT | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI on top of SERT

Moneywoes

I have a 08 FLHTCU with 103" SE stage II. It is currently tuned by the SERT. Can the TFI be piggy backed on top of the SERt or does the ECM need to be flashed back to stock before tuning with the TFI. What TFI is right for me?

Are your Stage 2 Maps un-modified. If your already at a Stage 2 level, what are you trying to achieve that the SERT won't deliver. Are you trying to fix an in-fixable problem.

Bought the bike used with the SE 103" stage II, SERT, and Rinehart true duals already on it. I don't know if the mapps are modified or not. PO bought the bike from HD dealer in Arkansas and had it done at time of purchase. My previous bike was a 1100 honda shadow so I don't have a good reference on what a HD V-twin should perform like, weather a 96" or the 103". I expected it to have more low end than it seems to have. Don't really want to spend the $$ on having it dyno tuned. All i recieved was the SERT module 32107-01H, no cables. I wouldn't know the first thing about mapping table or altering them even if I had the cables. I get a little decel popping, and the plugs seem to white. makes me wonder if its not a bit lean on the bottom. IDK

Can AFR even be altered off 14.7:1 or whatever the O2 sensors want with the SERT?

Can AFR even be altered off 14.7:1 or whatever the O2 sensors want with the SERT?

Yes you can instruct the ECM to run open loop and adjust A/F ratios according to look up tables only. (170 cell values per cylinder)

What cams do you have installed.

You should have recieved the cables and a disc which would have the last download to the bike.

What cams do you have installed.

Don't honestly know, The SE 103" stage II was with the 255 cams, so I'm assuming thats what in it. It was put in when the PO bought it. I don't actually have a clue how to tell if its even a 103".I've had it for about a month, I've change the Oil (Amsoil 20/50) Trans fluid( Amsoil 75-110) and primary (HD syn3) and rode it about 400 miles. just seems with the decel popping, white-ish plugs and heat off the engine and seamingly sluggish bottom end it might be lean on the bottom.

I don't need a rocket, but if its lean, theres potential for more power, more MPG, and a cooler better running engine.

You should have recieved the cables and a disc which would have the last download to the bike.

No cables, just the tuner box and a disc.. Disc contains
User manual
Tuning mode
data mode
and Acrobat reader

I can't make heads or tails of it

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a look at the Self Help section at top of page. Diagnostics and Fuel Injection Related line #6. Might help

If the work was done by a dealership it is probably lean because they adjust to 13.6 at WOT and closed loop for most all other times. Back in 2008, E10 fuel was not around so you are probably running 13.9 at WOT because E10 fuel is all you can get and it equals .3 of 1 ratio point to the lean side.

I am not at the computer which has the SE maps on it, but my guess would be most of the map is closed loop. (just a guess at this time)

Just a quick observation,,,, I'd Not use the Syn3 in the primary, Some have had clutch problems believed to be from using it there...:newsmile055:

Harley Does make a fine product for the primary called Formula + if you want to use a HD product.:newsmile011:

signed....BUBBIE

Any one use these tuning shop in Decatur TX?

Piper Performance Racing

He says he adjust the maps and tunes each cylinder independantly. According to him a dealer will anly download a tune off the SERT tuning tables and do a couple pulls on the dyno but they won't data log and adjust afr tables timming, adjust each cylinder seperately ect as needed for best power, MPG and cooler running. 425 for a tune, in this about right $$ wise ? He says it takes 5-6 hours to do it right.

Anyone have personal experience with this shop?

Back