free website stats program TFI on 2009 Street GLide | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI on 2009 Street GLide

kleach

I'm new to this forum, but have been reading your comments about various up grades. I have a 2009 Street glide with Rhineheart slip-on's, stage 1 air kit. Just installed the TFI. Used the pod settings found on this site, but still having some hesitation on the second pod setting. Anyone have any comments about the settings?

Hesitation in the bike or about setting it?

That's an accelerator pump feature and will lower the MPG considerably if it is set too high. It can be lowered considerably with no adverse effects.

The suggested settings are also a bit on the rich side. Leave pot#4 at the #4 setting.

Forgot to mention I have the Stage 1 download too.
I used the settings that were posted for "Aftermarket #1 download-air cleaner-pipes".
3-3-4-4 o'clock positions, still seem to have a little hesitation when I do a quick rev/turn on the throttle with the bike in neutral while tuning.

I installed the SE air box with K&N filter and the new 4" SE touring mufflers on my 2009 Street Glide along with the TFI. The dyno charts are attached. Dynajet (corrected) and Land & Sea (actual rear wheel). DJ = 90+ ft/lbs torque from 2350-4200 rpm and Max HP of 74.5 @ 4500 rpm. Perfect for touring. The settings on the TFI are #1 = 3, #2 = 1.5, #3 = 1 (off), #4 = 3. That was as lean as we could get it because the #3 pot was turned all the way down. The numbers look good. I have no idea yet how it will effect fuel mileage yet. I have sent this info to Techlusion to see if they had any comments or suggestions. I had limited riding time after the she came off the dyno but I was very happy with it for the ride home. It should be noted that very small adjustments of the screws have a large effect on the A/F ratio.

Attachments

• JTS Dyno Charts 12-13-08.pdf
    643.2 KB · Views: 93
I assume they tried raising the #4 pot to 4 for to check if that TQ could be held up a bit longer?

I just had a great conversation with George at Dobeck/Techlusion. Below are his emailed comments after reviewing my dyno run and settings:

"good day

G 3:00 o'clock
Y 3:00 o'clock
R 2:00 o'clock
rpm 4:00 o'clock

we would be happy to talk with the dyno operator also if need be. The tune is greatly affected in the wrong direction when running the rpm switch at 3 as opposed to 4. the afr looks pretty good. all aircooled engines should be at 12.6:1 to 13.0:1 for the last 25% of the rpm range because of heat."

On a subsequent telephone call, he explained that setting the #4 pot (main jet) below 3 brings on fuel too soon. He also explained that his settings should provide better overall performance in all gears (not readily observable on the dyno). In addition, he suggested using the settings above and riding. If I experienced anything I didn't like (in any gear or specific situation) to call him with the details and they would make suggestions for further adjustment. Overall, I'm very pleased with the service they provide and will do as he suggested.

Back