free website stats program TFI module | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI module

Classx

I put the TFI module on my 1999 Ultra and have it set to their recommended settings. The bike runs cooler but the mileage has been knocked down to about 35 mpg city and 30-31 mpg highway. Is that about right?

I put the TFI module on my 1999 Ultra and have it set to their recommended settings. The bike runs cooler but the mileage has been knocked down to about 35 mpg city and 30-31 mpg highway. Is that about right?

City mileage is better than highway? That doesn't sound right.

Highway miles are worse. However, I am running about 80 mph which really sucks gas.

I read the other thread as well. My green pot is set at 3:00. While on the Trail of Tears ride I set it to 2:30 and fule mileage jumped to 42 mpg, but the bike ran so lean that it turned my brand new left muffler gold. Set at 3:00 the bike runs pretty rich (heck, sometimes I believe I can smell gas). I will try setting it in between and see what happens.

You can back off on the second pot (accelerator pump function) and it will give you better MPG.

Immediately after I installed my stage one setup with a PCV I noticed that my mileage went from 44 to 36. However now that I've had it for a year the mileage is back up to 43. It wasn't the PCV that killed my fuel mileage so much, it was my right wrist wrapping on the throttle with the new-found power of the stage one. Maybe this is your case also.

Immediately after I installed my stage one setup with a PCV I noticed that my mileage went from 44 to 36. However now that I've had it for a year the mileage is back up to 43. It wasn't the PCV that killed my fuel mileage so much, it was my right wrist wrapping on the throttle with the new-found power of the stage one. Maybe this is your case also.

Just because I ride it like my Ducati? Could that be it?

Actually, the TFI module lowered the performance a bit instead of increasing it.

Just because I ride it like my Ducati? Could that be it? Could be :D

Actually, the TFI module lowered the performance a bit instead of increasing it.

This statement along with your first post saying you have the TFI set to their recommended settings makes me wonder if its possible you have a non factory cam (or other mods) installed that may not be taken into consideration for the recommended settings? Did you purchase the bike new or is it possible there is some modification on the bike you are unaware of?

Back