free website stats program TFI is installed | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI is installed

chuck60

I got my TFI today and installed it, taking off the gas tank was a bear other then that it went well, also I put on a stage 1 SE air intake, I had to take the tank off a second time to get the cross bracket off that holds the old air intake that the directions don't tell you to do. Now ride report WOW just doing the two things I did today made a world on difference, it runs much better and the power is much better. New slip on pipes to go on next week. Thank you all for the help and support.

Once I figured out how to get the quick release off so I could get the tank off it was easier, but I was out in the garage for about 3 1/2 hours but I saved a lot of money doing it my self. Thanks for all your help Glider

I probably spent more than 3 1/2 hours but a lot of that time was cleaning up the spilled gas from the cross-over hose on a softail. But when all is said and done I'll bet your glad you went with the TFI and that you installed it yourself. Job well done Chuck! :a

Once I figured out how to get the quick release off so I could get the tank off it was easier, but I was out in the garage for about 3 1/2 hours but I saved a lot of money doing it my self. Thanks for all your help Glider
Glad to help out Chuck.:D

I probably spent more than 3 1/2 hours but a lot of that time was cleaning up the spilled gas from the cross-over hose on a softail. But when all is said and done I'll bet your glad you went with the TFI and that you installed it yourself. Job well done Chuck! :a

geezer,
Did you find an easy way to get the crossover off. I left mine on because it looked like I was gonna make a big mess. Was able to get the tank up high enough to do what I needed to do..ran wires from driving lights back to aux plug, still waiting on one part to finish.

I'd say 3.5 hours of fun working on the scoot + $aving $$$ = a good time. Glad you're done (for now) w/the project & time to reap the rewards...:rider

geezer,
Did you find an easy way to get the crossover off. I left mine on because it looked like I was gonna make a big mess. Was able to get the tank up high enough to do what I needed to do..ran wires from driving lights back to aux plug, still waiting on one part to finish.

No, I didn't find any easy way to deal with the cross-over hose. I just took it off and drained as much as I could into a jug and the rest spilled all over the bike. I am going get the Herko quick fittings and put them in the cross-over hose so the next time I want to take the tank off there won't be the draining, spilling issue. Harley put a quick fitting on the main fuel line but really went cheap when it came to the cross-over hose. :bigsmiley19:

Back