free website stats program TFI Installation Questions | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI Installation Questions

It ran OK. Now I just have to find the post where Glider gave some fine tune instructions. Seem like it was tune at 1800 rpm or something. I'll look.

It ran OK. Now I just have to find the post where Glider gave some fine tune instructions. Seem like it was tune at 1800 rpm or something. I'll look.

you are right 1800/2000 set pot one GREEN

I used their suggested reference points by big-hand on clock
2:45 pot 1 green (left to right).... air fuel adjustment
3:15 pot 2 yellow..... acceleration fuel adjustment
3:15 pot 3 red.... main jet fuel adjustment
4:00 pot 4 sets RPM that allows pot 3 to turn on

These suggested settings are from my2008/009 instructions for stage 1

MY FLHR 09 runs really fine at these settings... gas mileage 45/46

signed....BUBBIE

Last edited by a moderator:
Glider and Bubbie, thanks, I had to go to DC today after the install but I will be back home tomorrow and riding. I'll make those fine tune adjustments. I appreciate the help.

I installed the stage 1 SE AF today and went to dial it in. Wow! Great response, no decel popping or hesitation. my settings are g=1.5 y=2 r=3 4 pot to 4

When I set the g pot at 1800 it doesn't like more fuel and it starts to stumble abit as it seems to be rich.

I don't have my pipes yet. Could that make a difference?

But it runs great. I pulled the plugs and they are slightly brown with leaning to white on the very tip. Inside they are brown.

Thanks. As for the g not accepting more fuel I read in Gliders post that if it doesn't you need to troubleshoot. What would I look for or should I wait for the pipe install before I get too concerned?

I installed the stage 1 SE AF today and went to dial it in. Wow! Great response, no decel popping or hesitation. my settings are g=1.5 y=2 r=3 4 pot to 4

When I set the g pot at 1800 it doesn't like more fuel and it starts to stumble abit as it seems to be rich.

I don't have my pipes yet. Could that make a difference?

But it runs great. I pulled the plugs and they are slightly brown with leaning to white on the very tip. Inside they are brown.
It will make a difference with the better flow of the pipes but you want to keep the green pot to the lower/lean side of the setting rather than the rich side.

Back