free website stats program TFI Install | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI Install

tjohn005

I have a 02 RK Classic with a Stage1 kit and Thundercone slip-on's, so I figured I should by a tuner, so I bought a Kuryakyn Wild Things tuner and was going to try and put it on, and was wondering about the fuel tank removal. I know it say's to just raise the tank, but what is all involved in doing that.

I have a 02 RK Classic with a Stage1 kit and Thundercone slip-on's, so I figured I should by a tuner, so I bought a Kuryakyn Wild Things tuner and was going to try and put it on, and was wondering about the fuel tank removal. I know it say's to just raise the tank, but what is all involved in doing that.

Take off the seat. Remove the bolt at the back of the tank. Remove the bolt on either side of the tank at the front. Cut any tie-wraps that hold wires or hoses running back from the tank that will restrict the tank being raised. CAREFULLY raise the back of the tank checking to make sure there is nothing in a strain as you raise it. Put a scrap of 2x4 or rolled up towel under the back of the tank. Remove the air filter cover. Install the fueler leads on the injectors. Route the cable. Secure the module. Dial it in with the starting settings. Reverse all the above. Secure the tank. Strap the hoses and wires with some new tie-wraps. Put the seat on. Fire it up, and back it out!!

TQ

Be careful when lifting the rear of the tank. If you force it up too high you will break the plastic end on the fuel line to the fuel rail, it's plastic and costs $45

Yes I broke that plastic part but picked 1 up at local auto parts store for ten bucks, Installed TFI called dobeck just to check 1 thing and found out it was wrong TFI, tore out and sent back

Yes I broke that plastic part but picked 1 up at local auto parts store for ten bucks, Installed TFI called dobeck just to check 1 thing and found out it was wrong TFI, tore out and sent back

Not a good thing. I always double check everything before installing anything. Much easier on the nerves.

Thanks for the information, Sounds simple. I will be extra careful with her, because she is the other woman in my life.

Keep her between the Ditches.

When I lift my tank I always pull the fuel pump fuse run it to bleed off the pressure ,then disconnect the line.That way I can lift the tank higher and not worry about it

Back