free website stats program TFI install question | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI install question

BOWHIKER

When installing the Doebeck TFI do you leave the O2 sensors in or remove and plug the bung hole . If you leave them in do you wrap the unplugged end some how as to protect from the elements ? If taking them out what is the pipe thread size for the plug to replace the O2 sensor . Matt at doebeck said I could just leave the sensors in and coil the wire up . What do you think ?

When installing the Doebeck TFI do you leave the O2 sensors in or remove and plug the bung hole . If you leave them in do you wrap the unplugged end some how as to protect from the elements ? If taking them out what is the pipe thread size for the plug to replace the O2 sensor . Matt at doebeck said I could just leave the sensors in and coil the wire up . What do you think ?

Might want to listen to the man since it's his product line!

I like to tape original wires together,,,,, back to the plug the TFI comes with...
That way they Look hooked up and are ready to re-hook up if I want to....

signed....BUBBIE

If taking them out what is the pipe thread size for the plug to replace the O2 sensor .

The thread is 18mm X 1.5

Your going to get a broad spectrum of answers on whether to remove them or not. There all correct answers,,, but for me, if I had the proper socket I would remove them. If you don't have the right tool, just leave them in there.

I plugged the resistors into the plug going to the O2 sensors and used the tie wraps to tuck the wires from the sensors up neat and tight.

It seems like my TFI came with plugs to seal the 02 sensor plugs. I just ran my wires to a unseen area and tie wrapped 'em out of the way.

You wanna have some fun???
Screw in 2(anybrand)18mm spark plugs with spark plug wires disappearing up into frame.
Sit back and enjoy.
wilks3

Back