free website stats program TFI install on stock bike | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI install on stock bike

Glad I could help you guys out.:D

The TFI is a good improvement over the stock lean conditions and makes a noted improvement even on a stock bike.

This is the quote I was looking for from Glider...

The "Need" for TFI is there for a Stock Bike off the show-room floor...

BUT using a TFI with a full "Stage One" does Your Bike the Justice it deserves from being TOO LEAN....

signed....BUBBIE

The "Need" for TFI is there for a Stock Bike off the show-room floor...

BUT using a TFI with a full "Stage One" does Your Bike the Justice it deserves from being TOO LEAN....

signed....BUBBIE

Thinking of taking the same approach as Jimmy on mod'ing the intake and exhaust on my scoot. I'm still all stock on my 08 Ultra at this point.

Is the lean condition that my bike is currently running at, is this doing any long term damage to it, by fact that its lean condition makes it run hotter? Correct me if I'm wrong on that statement.

And if you do put a TFI fuel mgr on it to address the lean condition, will this reduce the heat coming off the exhaust pipes as well?..............thanks -

Lean is HOT and when you add fuel, it will run a bit cooler but the main advantage is drivability. With the added fuel it doesn't necessarily use more gas in MPG unless you are testing out the new found power.

It will run noticeably better but the pipes are still going to be hot either way. Maybe just a few degrees but not a major difference.

I really appreciate the information that is available from this site. It's very helpful to get this information from people that know what they are talking about and actually have experience with the products discussed. I am convinced the TFI would be good for my bike and will be ordering one tomorrow. Thanks guys.

Lean is HOT and when you add fuel, it will run a bit cooler but the main advantage is drivability. With the added fuel it doesn't necessarily use more gas in MPG unless you are testing out the new found power.

It will run noticeably better but the pipes are still going to be hot either way. Maybe just a few degrees but not a major difference.

Appreciate that Glider - is the hot running condition doing any short or long term damage to the engine or any other components? Trying to gauge whether a TFI is better installed sooner rather than later...thx

PS - yep, am aware of the HDT discount link avail to patrons of your site. Awesome.

Don't forget the discount link and if you were in the service, the price drops drastically but you have to ask and mention the forum.:s

The very FIRST thing a friends wife noticed riding on the back of his 08 street glide After he JUST installed the TFI was the HEAT Difference.... Mind you, it was on a ride in Az. and 90* out when She said Much Cooler Feel during the ride.....

I also notice a BIG difference and the parade mode stays OFF longer..
My right Thigh is not as hot and quite frankly I DO notice a BIG difference when sitting at a light...

The KEY when using a TFI is NOT LEAN at idle as HD keep the bike.... And out on the road, My bike runs,,,,, no,,,,, that is RUNS better!

signed....BUBBIE :D

Back