free website stats program TFI install on stock bike | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI install on stock bike

Jimmy_k

Just completed the TFI install on my stock 2007 FXDC. Install was very easy, except for not reading Glider's posted warning about raising the gas tank without disconnecting the fuel line. Very easy to just disconnect the fuel line via the quick disconnect under the gas tank. Then you can raise the tank as much as needed to reach the injectors. In reality you don't need to raise it as much as I did, you just don't need that much room. If I ever do the install again, it will go much smoother.

So I did raise the gas tank with fuel line connected, and there went the plastic end of line fitting. $47 bucks later, all is well.

Heading toward a stage one, but doing it in pieces with the TFI first, then probably the air cleaner then exhaust upgrade.

Was curious to see what effect the TFI would have on a stock bike. Test drove it tonight for about 15 minutes with the settings set as recommended by the manufacturer, and really see and feel a big difference. Seems to run smoother at all rpms, and it may be my imagination but it seems to have more and smoother power throughout.

Anyway, hopefully someone can learn from my mistake with the fuel line. Can't wait to do the rest of the stage one!

Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy K for the info I'm about to instal the TFI on my 07 I will try and save myself the $47 .

Jimmy

What you see as far as the running of the bike is what everyone else see's too. There's a noticable difference with the TFI and you can also back down on the settings a bit too, especially the #2 pot.

The post in the self help area explains about the fuel line breakage but most people don't look before doing a job and it ends up costing more than it should to do the job.

EFI Fuel Line Removal - Harley Davidson Community

Jimmy

What you see as far as the running of the bike is what everyone else see's too. There's a noticable difference with the TFI and you can also back down on the settings a bit too, especially the #2 pot.

The post in the self help area explains about the fuel line breakage but most people don't look before doing a job and it ends up costing more than it should to do the job.

EFI Fuel Line Removal - Harley Davidson Community

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll try backing off that #2. Nice to see that TFI improves things even without other modifications.

Thanks for the help on this one -- some day I'll figure out to read the directions before doing the work! Lucky it was such an easy fix.

Jimmy

Glider is the man who took the time to explain to me just what a TFI was. I've said it over and over, Thanks to him and his advise this is the best mod I've installed on the bike.

Glad I could help you guys out.:D

The TFI is a good improvement over the stock lean conditions and makes a noted improvement even on a stock bike.

I knew better and did it anyway!! well now I have the upgraded fuel line so when I forget the next time maybe it won't break as easly. The wrench at the dealership said he has bought a few of these himself.

Back