free website stats program TFI Gen III Settings-2007 Road King | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI Gen III Settings-2007 Road King

Joyflyin

Experienced Member
Staff member
I finally got all the goodies to do my stage one. Just gonna bug you for your recommendations for my 2007 road king classic, went with the Rush Big Louie pipes & a K&N filter.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks a million,

Joy

HI Joy,
I too have the Gen 3. In my case I rode the stock settings for a couple of months and then dropped my first three settings a ½ point (green, yellow, & red) and haven't moved it in a year. My goal was to gain just a bit more mileage. I targeted 40 mpg for an unknown reason. I get that except in the winds of the High Plains. Hope that helps.

HI Joy,
I too have the Gen 3. In my case I rode the stock settings for a couple of months and then dropped my first three settings a ½ point (green, yellow, & red) and haven't moved it in a year. My goal was to gain just a bit more mileage. I targeted 40 mpg for an unknown reason. I get that except in the winds of the High Plains. Hope that helps.

After dropping your first 3 setting down 1/2 point, what was your final settings?

After dropping your first 3 setting down 1/2 point, what was your final settings?

Green= 3.0
Yellow= 2.0
Red= 2.0
GB= .5
YB=4.0
RB=4.5
But remember each make and model have different initial settings so I don't believe my numbers will match yours.

2009 setting from Dobecks copied from a post on their monitor site.

2009 FLH comes set this way;

The way your EJK unit comes pre-programmed should be the settings you'll want to run.

Those settings are: GRN-3.5, YEL-2, RED-2, GB-0.5, YB-4, RB-4.5

Most likely if you have to make any adjustments it will be with the Green-1st mode.

Joy,

Above is just for information:D

see IF they come out saying the same. What do you think Chris ???:newsmile026:

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks all.

Bubbie, if I read that correctly, I shouldn't have to do anything at all initially, then after some riding, I may want to tweak it a bit, possibly following Webtron's path so to speak. :s Am I on the right track here?

BTW, the bike spent it's first night away from home, next door in the neighbors garage, pipes loosened, old air cleaner off, etc. :D

May actually get it done tonight. :)

Thanks all.

Bubbie, if I read that correctly, I shouldn't have to do anything at all initially, then after some riding, I may want to tweak it a bit, possibly following Webtron's path so to speak. :s Am I on the right track here?

BTW, the bike spent it's first night away from home, next door in the neighbors garage, pipes loosened, old air cleaner off, etc. :D

May actually get it done tonight. :)

YES, the setting yours came with is CLOSE and like webbtron, you may ADJUST the green down but I like to do it at 18ooo RPM setting the green position and make it from the green 1 setting to a Richer numbers until it BUCKS with too much fuel, lessen the setting until the running smooooooths out at 18oo and probably you will find it at
2.5 /2.0 setting where you began.:bigsmiley9: called the Sweet spot.

Check your mileage,,, these settings should get you in the Least 42+ area. 46/7 most

signed....BUBBIE

I'm still running 1st tank of fuel on my GEN3 install (upgraded fm TFI) so will know more when I fill on MPG. Stock settings seem real dialed-in & bike's running better than ever. Just remember GREEN = most impact on MPG & RED = most impact on HP...will be a balancing act between these two settings.

Thanks Bubbie, I am currently getting @ 39 mpg. 40 Or so with a good tailwind. :s

We got it finished tonight! Total time was about 2 1/2 hours, but my ADD was acting up, so I kept finding other things to do. :D. The bike sounds great, I can't wait to get it out for a spin. The neighbor thinks it will be spot on from the initial sound. I'll get a full report together, and for the record, I did get the mud work done in one of the bedrooms. Now if only the paint will go from the can to the walls tomorrow while I'm at work......:D

Back