free website stats program TFI and BIGGER Cams??? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI and BIGGER Cams???

So what is the consensus? Will TFI be OK for stage 1 with teh addition of Andrews 21 or 26 cams?

Enjoy,
Rich P
Rich........I had the Andrews 26G cams on my 02 Carb FLTR with SE air, Stage 1 download and a Thunderheader. I have since installed the same cam on several bikes. some of the injected model had the PC units on em. What happens is the bike really wakes up on the highway. At 70mph, in top gear, on the highway when ya roll to thottle lock to get around someone on onto the freeway. It feel like ya kicked it down a gear. I would say the 26 cams and TFI should work well together. You might want to consider the Gear Drive cams too........that gets rid of those stupid cam chain tentioners.

Rich........I had the Andrews 26G cams on my 02 Carb FLTR with SE air, Stage 1 download and a Thunderheader. I have since installed the same cam on several bikes. some of the injected model had the PC units on em. What happens is the bike really wakes up on the highway. At 70mph, in top gear, on the highway when ya roll to thottle lock to get around someone on onto the freeway. It feel like ya kicked it down a gear. I would say the 26 cams and TFI should work well together. You might want to consider the Gear Drive cams too........that gets rid of those stupid cam chain tentioners.

What I think NOW DAYS but haven't tried, The "New Kit Style" That gives Bigger Oil Pump and Cam Plate along with the Hydraulic tensioner system for the price of a Feuling oil pump alone.... The gear drives worked well for me in the 88 Modified bikes as the Run-out of the crank were close tolerance...

The TFI Techs will answer questions on HDT as Glider Has them set-up with their own Thread for questions to THEM only and WE keep our replies on our own threads.... Maybe we should go there to get answers to these questions....

I haven't looked at TFI thread yet today but I'm sure it is UP and Running...

signed....BUBBIE

Course your right Bubbie.......Let the TFI guys decide, my only thought on this would be to decide what cams, exhaust and air cleaner your going to be using. Make sure the TFI Techs have the right info. And, Dobeck does show a TFI application for the 03, Does it work?........I wouldn't know. I just installed a set of Andrews 26G cams and a Dobeck TFI on an 02 FLTRI with a SE air cleaner and BUB slip ons. The combo worked well in that application, but, of course, that's just my opion.

I did the SE tensioner kit upgrade w/ Andrews 26N cams. Already had SE Hi Flow AC, SE slipons,stage 1 download and TFI. Could not be happier. All the power I need when and where I need it. No popping on decel and MPG is low 40's if I behave myself drops to mid 30's if I can't.
TFI setting are: 3,3,3,4. Steve at Doebeck suggested I might want to try bumping #3 pot up to 4. May try that at some point but for now I'm just enjoying the ride.

Course your right Bubbie.......Let the TFI guys decide, my only thought on this would be to decide what cams, exhaust and air cleaner your going to be using. Make sure the TFI Techs have the right info. And, Dobeck does show a TFI application for the 03, Does it work?........I wouldn't know. I just installed a set of Andrews 26G cams and a Dobeck TFI on an 02 FLTRI with a SE air cleaner and BUB slip ons. The combo worked well in that application, but, of course, that's just my opion.

Respectively as always, Your views are Great, and give a lot of correctness,In MY Book!
I welcomed ALL your views and others, I meant not to change in OUR views here, Only that the NEW area is open.... Some of OUR questions could be answered by Dobecks Also... I don't know If they will Jump in Here but they are WELCOME to post their views but I think we might "Have to POST there to get their answers"...

signed....BUBBIE

Respectively as always, Your views are Great, and give a lot of correctness,In MY Book!
I welcomed ALL your views and others, I meant not to change in OUR views here, Only that the NEW area is open.... Some of OUR questions could be answered by Dobecks Also... I don't know If they will Jump in Here but they are WELCOME to post their views but I think we might "Have to POST there to get their answers"...

signed....BUBBIE
Right back atcha Bubbie.........and to add a little to what you are saying,Through this site we have a resource avalible, at our fingertips, to answer our questions about a product they developed, can you imagin that? Just for us.............this site and you guys are the best!

There's always the option of posting in the Dobeck Performance forum with a question and adding a link to this post too for some answers from the pros .:s

Back