free website stats program TFI and BIGGER Cams??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI and BIGGER Cams???

Ohh i did i went witht he tmax tuner and aint looked back
Bud........sounds like you had a problem, if so, this is the first I've heard of someone having a problem with the Dobeck................Can ya tell us what happened?? Or maybe lead us to the thread that discusses the problem you had........

its simple i couldnt get it to richen the rear cylinder enough with out flooding out the front .. maybe if it went to dealer for download it might have been fine but dealer dont touch it and dobeck said i didnt have to have it just increase fuel.. i didnt think it would work and it didnt

for air cleaners and pipes it works i just dont think its way to go for cams after my exp with it..

Well..........I guess that makes sence, it sure won't allow you to adjust each cyl individually.
I haven't noticed any lean condition problems with my 110 though, no pingin, valve rattle, nothing and the SE has the 255 cams......what kinda cams are you running? I know the 255's aren't real "High Performance" but I haven't had any problems with the Dobeck TFI and fuel problems or the lack of fuel.

For the money the PCV is hard to beat since you can tune both cylinders, extend the rev limiter, and can be expanded to a wide band 02 tuner if needed. I like being able to make adjustments at different RPM and throttle positions. Especially helpful when adding cams or when you are dyno tuning.

YMMV but for me, its the only way to go.:guitar

For the money the PCV is hard to beat since you can tune both cylinders, extend the rev limiter, and can be expanded to a wide band 02 tuner if needed. I like being able to make adjustments at different RPM and throttle positions. Especially helpful when adding cams or when you are dyno tuning.

YMMV but for me, its the only way to go.:guitar

only directly works on 09 and newer you have to buy a nonapproved backwards rigged one for 08 and eariler

To add to the thread.....

I have a question. I am currently running stock headers back to Rinehart mufflers, Stage1, and PCV. The rest is stock. I would like to add some more juice by putting in a S&S .510. Can I go any bigger without doing any top end work? Does anyone have a suggestion for a better performing cam/size?

Any help would be great!

To add to the thread.....

I have a question. I am currently running stock headers back to Rinehart mufflers, Stage1, and PCV. The rest is stock. I would like to add some more juice by putting in a S&S .510. Can I go any bigger without doing any top end work? Does anyone have a suggestion for a better performing cam/size?

Any help would be great!

Night Rider would be a good place to look... If a CAM(s) state BOLT IN cams Usually you don't need valve and spring work.. I used 570SS gear drives on my 2000 FXDS but used bigger Manley valves and springs set-up for the Cams,ported and flowed..

signed....BUBBIE

I always had real good luck with the Andrews bolt ins too. If you do a lot of touring type riding the 26H or 21H are good choices. They also have a new grind I don't know nothing about, the 09H.
Andrews cams seem to give you more "usable" power, the bigger grinds make good power too but move the torque curve around where you have to have the motor wound up to feel it.
I like a cam that starts delivering power around 2800 and don't give up until ya hit the rev limiter.

So what is the consensus? Will TFI be OK for stage 1 with teh addition of Andrews 21 or 26 cams?

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back