free website stats program TFI 2nd Gen - Adjustment screw settings | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI 2nd Gen - Adjustment screw settings

aclewer

I just received shipment of a TFI 2nd Generation for a 07 Street Glide (Model FI-1250ST) My bike is stock for now (no aftermarket air or slip-ons).

It was my understanding that when the TFI is shipped, all the settings are set for an "all stock" application...like my situation. Just plug it in and ride.

However, when I looked at the control unit's screw settings they don't match the settings for "All stock" listed and illustrated in the back of the instruction sheet.

That is, the control unit shows: G 1;Y 1; R 1; RPM 6.

Whereas, the settings on the instructuction sheet shows:
G 2.5; Y 3; R 2.5; RPM 4.

I'm confused. What settings do I go with?

Thanks in advance.

use inst. sheet & tweek from there. when set on 1 its off.... & welcome.... i have tfi also..

aclewer; I'm sure Dobeck will chime in here, but if you're planning to install soon just select the settings for your bike's config. Intall sheet should show pot settings for typical UG's & then you're gonna "fine tune" from there so give it a try & tell us how things worked out. Good luck & you're gonna love the tuner - best $$$ spent on my scoot to date.

as far as wires allow. i taped my tfi on tank & would make it easer to adj, glance down at leds. see when it was changing. i moved my #4 pot just under 4 so main jet setting come on a little sooner.

Install complete....the difference is night and day!!!!

All the old symptoms are gone...especially at idle. Now I can pull up to a stop light and not worry whether I'm going to stall out ! No decel popping either.

I can't believe that I put up with a poorly running bike for 3 years.

Highly recommend.

Glad to hear it - funny what a little "computer chip intervention" does to your engine. Where did you end up mounting the box? I put mine in Left or Right side panel (can never remember) where ABS should go (if I had it). Now you're ready for the next upgrade...;-)

aclewer,

Appears everything is going good for you, but to answer your original question for all the forum readers only our GEN3 controllers come pre-programmed for a stage 1 setup. The GEN2 TFI pots are usually set to be off (1:00) which is running stock fuel not suggested stock settings. The TFI always needs to have the pot settings checked to verify the settings before your first ride.

Hope you're enjoying your bike rides with a whole new feel.

Back