free website stats program TFI 1st ride compliments | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI 1st ride compliments

Hornet

'06 Night Train, Python Staggered Duals w/ quiet baffles.

Finally got my TFI in the mail yesterday and installed it along with the SE air cleaner that's been sitting in my garage for two weeks.

Took it out for the first test run and got lots of compliments on the bike......by the State Trooper who pulled me over :17:
It was dark out, around 10:00, and he was walking real slow around the whole bike shining his flashlight all over it, crouching down to inspect it and saying things like "Man, this thing is sweet".
Apparently he wasn't impressed enough to not give me a ticket.
Thanks a lot. :20:

First impressions - it definitely feels a lot better. Quicker off the line and no more pops on decel. And I get more range out of each gear, which I had trouble with before - around town cruising especially, I was always going too fast for 3rd but not fast enough for 4th. Now I get a lot more use out of 3rd gear.

I didn't tweek anything yet, I just used their recommended settings for Aftermarket Exhaust, Air Cleaner, No Download. Except, following some advice on here I dialed the #2 pot back from 6 to around 5.

But here's a question - Should I be making any adjustments to account for the Quiet Baffles? I figure they're more restrictive than the stock Python baffles and that wasn't factored into any of the manufacturer's suggested pre-set options. And if it's running at less than optimal performance I'm not savvy enough to recognize it.

You guys rule.
Thanks,

The quiet baffles would make a very small difference but you could try lowering the pots a bit, the recommended settings are a bit on the rich side to begin with. Set the #1 pot as outlined and you can back off on the #2 pot even more.

You're the man, Glider. Just my luck, we're due for about 5 days of rain but I'll tinker with that #2 a bit if there's a break in the weather and see how it goes.

Thanks,

Sorry folks - hope this is not a dumb question - not been riding Harleys long - heard of EFI as in electronic fuel injection, what is TFI and how can it improve performance?

Back